I get no pleasure to see MIB fall so early this year. Maybe a little. ;)
Haunted Mansion is pretty much a "living" attraction where you believe that the ghosts are actually in the mansion. It's one of the attractions that makes you believe it's real... makes you forget that it's "just a ride".
Based on the number of voters, I guess Universal has not linked in yet, Robert?
Let me tell you why, in my books, MIB loses to Haunted Mansion.
Forget the ride itself for a second. Both are great in different ways. Instead, let's take care of some housecleaning.
1) The exterior of MIB, in my opinion, is pretty damn ugly. It feels very fake and tacky, unlike the Haunted Mansion, which is eerie and attractive.
2) MIB's queue is both less interesting and less consistent than HM's. It has a couple of lumbering aliens and some cheap weaponry, but nothing nearly as cool as an extending room or decaying picture. In addition, I've ridden MIB at least 8 times, and only once have I witnessed the employees give the "Welcome to MIB" spiel. I didn't even know that entrance doubled as an "elevator" until my last trip.
3) Those damn lockers. The employees are far too picky about what you bring on the ride. My friend had a tiny fanny pack, about the size of my fist, and was rudely told to store it. Come on. It's attached like a belt - it ain't going anywhere.
4) Every time I go to Universal, MIB isn't operating until about 2 hours after park opening.
5) Rarely have I experienced both tracks running simultaneously and coordinated, which eliminates the sense of competition.
Although MIB is still an excellent ride, and although it's my favorite shoot-em-up ride, and although WDW's HM is far superior to Disneyland's, I gotta go with HM.