From Robert Niles on March 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM
O Canada? Seriously, people.

Why 'Impressions de France' is the best movie ever made for a theme park

From Anthony Murphy on March 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Sorry Robert, but I like O Canada alot more than Impressions. I think because I used to hate O Canada except for the music. Now, its a movie of how its different from the USA (I am from Chicago, BTW so the old one seemed more Minnesota than Canada).

After going to France and understanding what Impressions de France is trying to do with the music and images, I must say that I am more of a fan of Impressions, but nothing beats Canada and their funny quirky happiness of a country they are! France puts me to sleep, Canada makes me laugh.

I also think that O Canada really showcases all that Canada offers, especially its great residents who seem to be much happier and positive than thier US neighbors!

From James Rao on March 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM
I haven't seen the new O Canada film, but the original was underwhelming to say the least. And while I have heard great things about Impressions de France from people whose opinion I respect, I remember it being "more of the same." I look forward to re-viewing both films this May with a "fresh set of eyes."

Today, though, I am going to vote for Impressions, just because I don't want to have to put another TPI-er (Mr. Niles) on suicide watch with TH Creative.

From Tyler Stover on March 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM
My wife and I actually argued over this one. She loves Martin Short and the song at the end of O Canada. I did agree with her on that, and I just generally really like Canadians. However, I agree with Robert's take on Impressions de France. It is simply a very, very well made movie with a great score and well planned visuals. Oh yeah, and she is at work and I am not. Therefore I vote, and I gave it to France.
From Joshua Counsil on March 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Really guys?

I'm Canadian, I love Martin Short, and I like the theme song, but really? Impressions de France, people, home of the greatest theme park employee comeback I've ever heard:

Hostess: Please refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, photography of any kind, and although Paris is the city of love, please keep touching to a minimum.
Dad: How about kissing?
Hostess: Only if it's French kissing.

From Joshua Counsil on March 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Also, this is the biggest upset so far.
From Robert Niles on March 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM
I, at least, want to nominate the hostess from Joshua's comment as Disney World CM of the Year.
From Phil B. on March 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Nothing shocking to me here. Au revoir, Impressions. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Canada to high five Marty Short and drink a celebratory Moose Head. Don't worry though, i'll be back in France soon enough to experience their finest attraction, (no, not Impressions de France silly) the Grand Marnier Slushie.
From Neil Trama on March 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM
I don't love Impressions as much as Robert and I think it's vastly over rated as a 2 seed but I can't believe it got beat.
From Joshua Counsil on March 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Moosehead is disgusting. Tastes like it's skunked. Why do the yanks love our crappiest beer?
From Phil B. on March 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM
I have no love for the Moose I assure you, heck I'm far from a Marty Short fan really, outside of Three Amigos. I would have said Labatt, but it just didn't sound as inherently Canadian as Moose Head did.
From James Rao on March 19, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Okay, I am officially adding Robert to the Suicide Watch list. While a padded cell should not be necessary, constant observation is required. Who has the duty? Make sure you bring along Ratatouille, Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Delicatessen, the collected works of Mireille Mathieu (especially her Edith Piaf covers), a picture of Charles de Gaulle, and some crepes. Whatever you do, don't talk about the Maginot Line or Napoleon's invasion of Russia in the summer and winter of 1812.

It's going to be a long weekend.