From steve lee on June 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Were there any audio issues there, or was that all bad tech work for the live stream (online, there were long segments where the sound was nonexistent)?
From Robert Niles on June 16, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Audio at the event itself sounded flawless to me. And the symphony rocked.
From Domenik Jost on June 16, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Butterbeer oh Butterbeer, how I can not get enough of thee.
That is some seriously addicting stuff and sure has me coming back to the land just to have one. Universal is going to be making a killing off the sales of butterbeer.
From Pyra Dong on June 16, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Wait... i was watching online too. the only part the sound cut off was when the USO and Warner Bros Heads were speaking. Thank goodness it was at that time, b/c if it was in any other part of the ceremony I would have killed someone.

i'm immensely JEALOUS of you Robert. I keep thinking I wanted to be there more than anybody in the crowd. and i'm curious looking at the time stamps on this post. How was it written at 9:06pm when the ceremony began at 9:30? Is this on Cali time?

who's thinking USO might market butterbeer in the future? Coming to a Wal-mart near you?

From 75.4.254.241 on June 16, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Great pics! Okay but I still want to know what butterbeer tastes like! Butter? Beer?
From TH Creative on June 17, 2010 at 4:14 AM
As always, the best coverage of theme park related news and events (including this, what will be the biggest industry story of 2010) is provided by Robert Niles and Theme Park Insider. I encourage everyone of the TPI squad to post (share) this story on their Facebook pages to continue spreading the word about this extraordinary website.
From Robert Niles on June 17, 2010 at 5:23 AM
Thanks, TH.

Yes, the webserver is on Pacific Time, thus the timestamps.

As for butterbeer... well, imagine root beer - how creamy a good cup of that soft drink can be. Now, let's take away the "root" flavor, the flavor of one of those root beer barrel hard candies. Replace it, then, with a rich buttery flavor, with carmelized sugar undertones. So instead of being "root" beer, it's, well, butter beer.

Once you taste it, you realize that this is exactly what butterbeer should taste like.

BTW, the fish in the fish n' chips is dangerous, too. Darn... Must. Get. More.

From Melissa Donahue on June 17, 2010 at 5:53 AM
My thoughts exactly, TH. Great reporting as usual, Robert! Thanks for continuously keeping us in the loop. Can't wait to get there in another week!

Does anyone know if Universal will be re-broadcasting last night's webcast?

From Brian Emery on June 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM
Thanks for the updates....
From 97.102.13.234 on June 17, 2010 at 8:48 AM
Yeah, butterbeer is definitely addictive - I've blown $100 so far on butterbeer alone since WWoHP started soft openings. (Of course, I'm in a slightly better position then most people to buy it everyday.) ;)

Sidenote: My spellcheck recognizes WWoHP but not butterbeer?!

From Rod Whitenack on June 17, 2010 at 9:28 AM
I'm obsessed with the idea of trying Butterbeer, which I've read described as shortbread cookie dough with butterscotch in the foam. Seriously, I think about this wonder elixir while I'm out walking the dogs. I'd be amazed if Universal could resist eventually working out a deal to sell bottled versions of this nectar of the gods to the masses at every Kwik-E Mart in the United States. How would this work? I understand it requires a real soda jerk to add the final touch of butterscotch foam to complete this miracle thirst quincher. What do you guys think? Will this liquid ambrosia remain a theme park exclusive or will a lesser home version be made available to travel reluctant Muggles.
From Jason Read on June 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the attractions and atmosphere!