Published: August 26, 2010 at 3:17 PMYay! This will be my third year at hhn - I'm going the 24th and cannot wait!
Published: August 27, 2010 at 1:14 AMdomenik is murdering this HHN coverage. HHN is my favorite event, and TPI has never really covered it as much as i would like, but this year has been really outstanding. great work children!!!! if anyone is going on oct 14, i will see you their!if your looking for me, im the sexy dude drinking some sort of beer.
Published: August 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM@Anthony
No sadly Michael isn't with Universal anymore. He was let go by Universal earlier this year.
I did yesterday evening get a chance to join a conference call with some of the creators of Halloween Horror Nights.
Here's what I thought to be most interesting and important information being talked about yesteday:
- All new technologies to be used at this years event including an open flame inside of a house which had never been possible before, and the return of queue line interactive text messages.
- Legendary Truth house concept was developed 2 years ago but was shelved due to not having enough time to develop the gags. The creative team wanted to develop more realistic gags like producing a ghost and other paranormal occurrences. Be on the lookout for those gags as you walk through this house. TJ Mannarino also shared that this house has an "opportunity to be not only a part of the event, but to become the event" and also revealed that possible in-park scenarios might be coming. If you want to know more about the backstory about Halloween Horror Nights be sure to follow www.LegendaryTruth.com.
Published: August 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM- RIP & Unmasking The Horror Tours are returning.
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure returns for it's 19th year and Mike Aiello, who has written B&T for the last 9 years and directed it for the past 5 years, released a little bit of information about the story of what will be his last time working with the show. He revealed that the two main characters are facing replacement...in the story.
- What characters will return for this years event? "No creature is off limits," according to Mike Aiello. He also emphasized that although we will see icons and characters from the past, they won't be where we think they should be at. Characters that were previously in houses will roam the streets and the other way around. And what about this year's iconic character, Fear? The team said there are more details that will be released in the coming weeks but they did say that he (Fear) is an “all-encompassing” character and is bigger than past icons he controls but can also stand among them. TJ Mannarino added that, "the one thing that has been consistent (over the years) and that has been Fear. Fear has always been here, Fear is what we create every year, and Fear has been an element in whatever character/environment we create."
- "Zombies are very chic now. Zombies are last years Vampires." said Mike Aiello when asked about where the inspiration came from for the Zombiegeddon House.
- When asked about Rocky Horror not being a part of this years event, TJ Mannarino said that it "might come back in a few years or it might not. It all depends on what we (the team) feel is best for our audience and for our mix of content."
Published: August 28, 2010 at 6:03 AMSniff sniff...gonna miss Rocky Horror...always thought it was well-produced and acted. Maybe one day...till then...Don't dream it...Be it.