From Robert Niles on September 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Nice video of the opening day queue at Harry Potter there, Domenik. But where's the HHN video? :-)

(Easy joke. Sorry. But it's Friday afternoon....)

From 208.105.247.98 on September 24, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Universal always does a fantastic job. I will be bringing my wife for her first time :)
Then we are heading over to HOS and see how BG does this year!
From Pyra-Danny V on September 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM
BOoOOO, the live streaming has been delayed to 7pm. BOOOO! (that gives me a good 45 minutes to get my butt over to Universal Studios!!!)
From Charles Reichley on September 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM
I just got back from opening night Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens-Williamsburg.

It's a lot like last year. Monster Stomp was the same songs, same performance, same gags, although I didn't like the new vampire guy as much as the old (first because he was a larger person with round facial features rather than sharp edges, and second because he liked to scream his songs instead of singing them. But others liked him).

Franken Rock was different from last year, and entertaining if not a bit loud.

The mazes were about the same as last year. I find the BG mazes less intense than the ones at Cedar Fair parks. I presume this is on purpose. I also notice that they have a lot (a LOT) of costumed monster types all through the park, and still they have multiple non-costumed ushers throughout each indoor maze.

One new feature that looked really cool is a "spider" scare zone between Ireland and France. Watch above you, if you dare.

I just realized I should re-post this as a discussion board entry.

From Sylvain Comeau on September 24, 2010 at 10:53 PM
This is ridiculously early; five weeks before halloween, and they're already doing the horror stuff? What's the deal with that?
From Crystal A on September 27, 2010 at 6:22 AM
We went to HOS on Saturday night for the Passholder Preview. I was surprised at how good it was this year. Many of the houses are the same theme but the scareactors were much better than in years past. The lines were longer than usual for this event, however we had Express Passes so we didn't wait in them. I would think most people waited at least 45 minutes for most of the houses. There was an abundance of alcohol vendors this year which falls more in line with HHN.

The only negative for me was the absence of the promotional items theme. The MyX band played in the background but you very rarely say Slyvie, even in her own house. There also wasn't a pre-show at the front of the park which usually features the "theme" for the year. Other than that it was a fun time.

From 209.255.170.130 on September 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM
When you say alcohol vendors? Do you mean they had full bars through out the park? I've gone to HOS in previous years to find out they only sell beer. I'm interested in vodka, rum, etc. Please help with this information! Thanks!
From 209.255.148.138 on September 27, 2010 at 1:30 PM
When I said alcohol vendors I was specifically thinking of the shot girls walking around. They also had liquor bars though with vodka and rum. They even had a special rum drink for the night called My X. I think you can only get it at the bar where Fright Feast is held next to Scorpion.