64.216.155.1

Published: November 4, 2010 at 3:17 PM

You forgot to add Silver Dollar City to your list
Frank Forrester

Published: November 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM

The great thing about Busch Gardens Williamsburg is that unlike the Disney or Universal parks in Florida they decorate the entire park with lights. This year they are planning on the normal 1 million lights thru England, France & Germany, but they are also going to have 1 million lights in the Italy section.

If you were unable to go for the first year of Christmastown I would highly recommend it as the park is beautiful lit up for Christmas and they even have a marketplace in the Germany section where you can buy product from vendors from throughout the state of Virginia.

Published: November 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM

If anyone's got info on events at other theme parks, please feel free to add that in the comments. Thanks!
76.114.208.117

Published: November 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM

@Frank, I was torn between Williamsburg and Hershey for the days after Christmas.
Thanks for the push. We are Virginians, albeit NoVA and it would be nice to keep those $$ in the local economy. Love what BG has been doing for kids, military, and those with disabilities.
Joshua Counsil

Published: November 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Whether or not it's because of their Thanksgiving Day parade, I gotta thank Universal for celebrating the festivities for a reasonable amount of time. Come on, Christmas in early November? That's a bit much.
Tiffany J. L. Alfonso

Published: November 10, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Hey, I'm a Disney World fan, but I gotta give Universal Orlando some credit for holding off after Turkey Day. (Ditto for Epcot - it's my favorite Disney Park because it holds off until that holiday to start off its event!) If you don't mind the Christmas creep, now's your chance to experience WDW with less crowds!
Shane Miller

Published: November 5, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I'm going down to central Florida for thanksgiving and I'm going to hit Busch Gardens since it's one of the view big theme parks I have never visited. I only wonder if they have a holiday event this year.
69.225.233.181

Published: November 5, 2010 at 10:13 PM

six flags discovery kingdom starts the day after thanksgiving
Anthony J

Published: November 7, 2010 at 11:19 PM

The holidays are my absolute favorite time at the parks. Wish I could visit them all but it looks like this year it'll just be Universal and Islands for us!
Joshua Counsil

Published: November 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I'd also like to note that when I visited in January 2007, Universal had their decorations up for the first week of January while Disney took theirs down after New Years. This was a nice touch as the first week of January still encompasses the technical Christmas period, which ends after Little Christmas (January 6). Additionally, the parks were emptier, so our family got to enjoy the Christmas festivities while avoiding the Christmas crowds.

To me, this also indicates a general appreciation of the customers. From a business standpoint, Christmas should start in November after the Halloween rush is over, and end on January 2 as the crowds from Christmas and New Years have mostly vanished. This seems to be Disney's sentiment. Universal, conversely, starts the festivities after Thanksgiving, which is still a bit early but a definite improvement, and ends after Little Christmas. They won't attract any extra customers with the January festivities, but they keep the decorations up, regardless.