James Koehl

Published: November 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I've never worked for a park, but I've known enough CP workers to know that rope-drop is called "The Running of the Bulls" and that park visitors were called "the animals", but of course never when anyone of authority was within earshot!
Jorge Arnoldson

Published: November 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM

That's nice for all of us to know. Isn't the term "taco tour" kind of offensive to CMs that might have family in South America? Tacos originated in Mexico, not South America.
Stacy Healy

Published: November 21, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I have to agree with Jorge, that isn't very nice.
69.14.216.42

Published: November 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM

When I have CP reunions with my fellow CMs from Splash, our conversations about events that took place on the ride are virtually indecipherable to anyone who wasn't a Splash CM. Other Disney CMs could probably understand some of what we're talking about, but the specialized lingo is just too specific for anyone who hasn't been around the ride to understand. We like it that way.

Published: November 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

That's why the "TT" comment earned a verbal.
Anthony Murphy

Published: November 21, 2010 at 11:52 PM

DVC is a bad word? I have heard that one a ton including using it too.

Time Share would annoy me more,but that could be that I am a DVC,er, Disney Vacation Club Member!

Eric Malone

Published: November 22, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Having been subject to winding up in the midst of South American tour groups in many Orlando ride queues in my time visiting theme parks, I find the term 'taco tour' to be absolutely hilarious. I know most of you will find it potentially offensive - as I've seen already in the comments - but everyone is so uptight these days. Personally, I can see the benefits in warning my fellow cast members that there's sharks in the water.
Pyra-Danny V

Published: November 22, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Heh heh... when working at the "W. Florida Theme Park" I've unofficially heard of those South American groups referred to as "waxes." (If it took you too long to realize, it seemed that most groups were Brazilian)
Jason Jackson

Published: November 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM

At one park, a 10-3 is litter and a wet 10-3 means someone has thrown up.
Ted Heumann

Published: November 22, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I already mentioned this in a previous posting, but there is no such thing as crowd control at Disney. Only guest control, but we called it pest control.
Joshua Counsil

Published: November 23, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Taco Tour? LOL. Man, that's a quick way to lose your job.