The World Showcase is amazing and Future World is useless. There's nothing worthwhile up there aside from Soarin'. If the park was reversed geographically I don't think I'd ever even make it into Future World.
I don't think anyone would shed a tear if they closed Ellen's Energy Adventure and Journey into Imagination...
1) The Mexican pavilion is so atmospheric with the nighttime town, and the restaurant next to the boat ride and volcano.
2) The movie at the French pavilion is so dreamy with that beautiful and inspiring music. Also, the sights are gorgeous.
3) The American Adventure show at the American pavilion has great animatronics of Ben Franklin and Mark Twain.
4) The restaurants!
5) The Maelstrom ride at the Norway pavilion; short but fun.
6) The beautiful girls that work at the Norway pavilion.
If every country had a ride, the World Showcase could be its own theme park and my favorite of them all!
My vote: World Showcase.
FW has the rides, WS has the food and entertainment.
I voted for FW, but I love WS
After the brainiacs in management decided to turn everything unique about Future World into another thrill park with long lines, short experiences and minimal visuals, I have to change my preference to the Showcase. Now, keep in mind. I'm not particularly fond of the complete and utter lack of growth in WS. It has been 22 years since a new country has been built. I mean Reagan was still President for Pete's sake. However, that area still has that special charm that always made Epcot special from other theme parks.
If they had an area for my THIRD favorite pasttime, I'd be even HAPPIER...
Riding roller coasters, that is.
As a kid, I found it boring. As an adult, I also found it boring. It just seems like a trade show, and I'm not a Circlevision kind of guy. I voted for the World Showcase for two reasons: 1. If I'm dining in the parks for a good sitdown meal, I'd want to be somewhere in the world showcase 2. Illuminations, and Holiday Illuminations in particular.
Perhaps it is a cultural issue, a fake Italy or France don't appeal to me and I am always expecting modernity when I travel to USA.
But both are great, and both needs some work to improve.