148.126.100.80

Published: July 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I've had a great time on both Paramount and Warner Bros. tours, and would love to go again. However, aren't there age limits for the tours?
M. Ryan Traylor

Published: July 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM

The Warner Bros I think is the best VIP tour. Sony is too small. WB is always busy. Always. My parents took that tour back when West Wing was still around.

It always fun trying to guess what shows the yellow and black signs are for. One of my favorites was "OCD" for "Monk". Also you will never see a yellow sign in Santa Monica. The city doesn't allow them to be posted.

Daniel Etcheberry

Published: July 7, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I went to the Warner Bros. tour and I was disappointed. Almost everything is about TV series (which I don't watch) and very few is about movies (which I love and was the reason to go there on the first place). Also, soundstages are ugly; they look like werehouses.

I should have gone to the Universal tour; it is more fake, but it must be more fun.

Anthony Murphy

Published: July 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM

And Disney..........................

Ok, the big shock is that Disney does NOT have one. They have a special trip thing, but its alot of money. I think it would be historic to visit there. The place where Walt Disney thought up Disneyland, Snow White, and Mary Poppins? Are you kidding me??? I would give my left arm to see that!

But good list. That was my favorite kinda nerdy thing in California!

Published: July 7, 2011 at 10:21 PM

The age limits are:
Warner Bros.: 8 and older
Paramount: I've heard 10 and older, but haven't been able to confirm
Sony: 12 and older
Universal: No limit
Steph Ramos

Published: July 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Lol....I had no clue those infamous yellow signs posted randomly around town were actually directions for movie/tv production companies untill earlier this year when a friend of mine discovered that CSI: Miami was filming on our campus. About a week into filming, the school newspaper published an article on the subject and revealed the big "Yellow Signage" secret as well as a list of all the filming that had been done around town in LBC...imagine my surprise when I discovered that part of Inception had been filmed just 25 minutes away!
Joseph Catlett

Published: July 8, 2011 at 7:32 AM

My favorite part of the WB Tour is the studio archives. The bottom floor is filled with OSCARS and tons of movie costumes and props. However, the upper floor is the highlight for my wife and I, as it is fully dedicated to the Harry Potter films. There are dozens and dozens of props, costumes and set pieces, you even get to try on the Sorting hat and be sorted into a Hogwarts house. I was Slytherin and my wife was Gryffindor ....as I reminded her later, "Its no big deal, that you're in Gryffindor...after all nobody's perfect."
Boy did I catch it for that comment. ;O)
Ray Schroeder

Published: July 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I did the Warner Bros. and Sony tours six years ago. They were great if you're into the behind the scene workings of TV and Movies.We got to hang out on the outdoor sets of Gilmore Girls, ER, the movie Rent. We saw the indoor sets of Joey, King of Queens, the movie Zorro, The Poseidon Adventure II, Jeopardy. We went to the painting workshop where we saw them painting backdrops. We went to sound stages where they filmed the Wizard of Oz and other classics. We even saw a few celebrities walking around. It's a must do in SoCal.
173.74.149.36

Published: July 9, 2011 at 7:19 AM

Many years ago I was visiting LA for the first time. Our hotel was downtown. A friend and I were meeting others for dinner and we wrote down walking directions to the restaurant. (This was before the smart phones of today.) We got endlessly lost and the street signs didn't match our map. Very frustrating. Ends up they had changed the street signs and were filming a scene for the movie Daredevil. Hysterical! We thought we were nuts. We didn't see any stars, but we did get to watch them do a stunt with cars ... and eventually, we made it to the restaurant with a great story to tell.

Published: July 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Hilarious! I've lost count of the number of times I've gone to a restaurant in LA, only to discover that it had "closed" and been converted into something else... only to find out later that the restaurant is still there; it'd just been used for filming on that day I was there.

Sometimes filming has an upside, though. When Universal was filming "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry" at my kids' elementary school, they needed to film inside classrooms during a weekday. (I think they ran over their scheduled weekend shoot.) So Universal rented a couple buses and shipped all the kids in that wing of the school off to Universal Studios Hollywood for free during the day that they were filming. Every student in the school also got a free USH duffle bag (I think ours are still around here somewhere), and Adam Sandler signed a bunch of schwag for our annual school auction. The school picked up overtime filming fees too - more money for the PTA.