From Sylvain Comeau on October 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM
I would agree with Robert in that DL's Buzz should have won. Also, DL's Space Mountain is better in many ways, but I voted for the MK's version because it is more thrilling. I do think more WDW regulars voted in this poll. It would be nice if people abstained from voting unless they have experienced both attractions.
From TH Creative on October 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Sigh ... and the Jungle Cruise gets snubbed.

Disappointed.

From Anon Mouse on October 17, 2011 at 11:38 AM
I thought that Disneyland should have won the majority of the Disney attractions. Disneyland's versions were clearly superior as evidenced by the overall experience and their better upkeep.

I do agree that since many have mostly experienced the WDW version that maybe it was good enough.

From Sylvain Comeau on October 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM
WDW deserved to win some of these (HM, TOT) while others were debateable (Splash, Space Mountain). I think WDW would have won for the Jungle Cruise, since they have the longer version, with an extra scene. The JC at DL had to be shortened a bit to make way for Indy.
From Brandon Mendoza on October 17, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Not that my single vote would have made much of a difference (I missed all voting except for Fantasmic!), I'm surprised as much as Robert is at how lop sided Orlando's win was in this.

I would have hoped that Astro Blasters, Space Mountain in DLR, and Jurassic Park Hollywood would have won. I feel they are at least marginally superior than their East Coast Counter Parts... Astro Blasters being much more flexible with the cords, Space Mountain with the Halloween overlay as well as the on board sound (there's no sound in space so it doesn't make sense to have sounds as you pass things... but yeah, you do hear the other cars on both), and JP having the Explorer fall as well as the Barbasol Easter Egg... not to mention the double attack of the T-Rex.

Tower of Terror, IASW, Mummy, and Atlantis are definitely superior by far in Orlando. Much much better on the East Coast for multiple reasons... almost too many to break down in a few sentences!

And Splash Mountain shouldn't have been such a landslide considering how much the show is shoddy these days in Orlando.

I'm not making excuses for the West Coast, but attendance numbers alone make me think that a lot of people voted for their "side" even if they haven't been to the other coast.

From José María Sandoval on October 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM
Well done Robert
From steve lee on October 18, 2011 at 4:58 AM
Oh, let's be honest. Half the people who voted for the Orlando attractions have never ridden the California version. People flat out admitted it in the comments. That's the ultimate problem with polls like this - it's impossible to qualify the voters.
From 198.30.160.191 on October 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Did I miss it or was there no voting for the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? It's in both locations, though I think the WDW one is far superior.
From Sylvain Comeau on October 18, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Brandon, I agree with your comments, for the most part. But IASW far better in Orlando?
From Brandon Mendoza on October 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM
@ Sylvain - OOPS! IASW definitely NOT better in WDW. I must have had a brain fart.
From Jacob Sundstrom on October 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM
I really can not believe that Space Ranger Spin beat Astro Blasters! SRS was AWFUL in comparison, in my opinion.