98.15.151.65

Published: January 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM

sad day.
Bob Liebe

Published: January 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I have seen a video of one of the last rides and pictures of Amity on different websites, but for some reason this post really got to me. I instantly flashed back 17 years ago to my first ride on Jaws. I can see myself in my red Ninja Turtles T- shirt gripping my new souvenir rifle that I got at WDW the day before in my hands not knowing what to expect. With fear and anxiety I stepped onto Capt. Jake's boat tour not knowing if I'd ever step foot onto land again! It was like it was yesterday. I can still remember the sights, sounds, and even smells. I haven't been able to fall asleep since I read the post. Even though I knew Jaws was going to be closing since it was announced on TPI, it finally sank in a few hours ago that Jaws will never terrorize Orlando again in the same fashion. The ride will surely be missed but using my best Dumbledore phoenix metaphor hopefully a great ride will rise out of the ashes to replace Jaws and the people at Universal Creative can leave something behind to pay homage Jaws for it was a classic. Thanks for your post Domenik. I'm sure I will revisit it many times in the near future!
Kelly Muggleton

Published: January 4, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Goodbye Amity's BEST...and only boat tours.
Goodbye WJWS - I laughed every time.
Goodbye to a ride that had become a staple of every visit for us. We knew what would happen but we still jumped, laughed and commented on how hot the explosion was.
Great post Domenik.
You'll be missed Jaws. Call off the Marines, you served us well. Thank you.
Ricardo K

Published: January 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM

This is sad.... Jaws was not the most exciting attraction but it was always cool to ride... I am glad I got to ride one more time during our last trip to Orlando in September.
Joseph Catlett

Published: January 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies.
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain.
For we've received orders for to sail home to Boston,
and never more shall we see you again.
Dominick D

Published: January 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Go to the discussion for my rant. As for this comment, farwell Jaws :(
Mike Gallagher

Published: January 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM

BIG +1 to Joseph. Robert Shaw's performance in that movie is one of my favorite on-screen portrayals EVER!
174.252.26.52

Published: January 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM

It was the very first ride my Daughter Maggie ever went on she was three. Months old slept almost all the way through. The ride right up till she got soaked .will miss that ride
Justin Kermgard

Published: January 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I am going to miss this attraction alot. With its closure, that means E.T. is the only "classic" attraction at the park aside from Feivel's Playland and Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. Everything else is different/added after the park's opening. To this day I still miss Kongfrontation, Ghostbusters, Disaster(when it was called Earthquake: The Big One) and of course Back To The Future. If only Universal had the same space to work with as Disney World does, It could simply build different parks for the different major themes rather than replacing nostalgic attractions. Hopefully the Hollywood park keeps Jaws as part of its Studio Tour.
HANNAH CALLER

Published: January 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I am in mourning for this ride, I first rode it when I was 7 back when Universal had just opened & it was in it's original state, & last rode it Feb 2011, it was always I ride I looked forward to going on, I loved it's ability to terrify small children, the way it did me when I was young, it is the first ride that has made me feel this sad upon closure! R.I.P Jaws!