From Dominick D on March 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I GOT THE FIRST VOTE! :D I voted Splash Mt., because as you know, I hate MIB, plus Splash is super fun. Here's to hoping Star Tours wins Monday.
From Andrew Carrieri on March 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Both of these attractions are excellent but I have to go with Splash. I'm a bigger fan of flume rides than arcade rides, and I love the music on Splash.
From 170.65.101.6 on March 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I am very VERY surprised there's some votes on MIB... It is, to my opinion, the worst on its kind, and in Universal, the worst attraction, right after twister

And don't get me started on the queue... they have the worst animatronics in Orlando placed there

From 63.255.223.58 on March 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I know it won't win, but MIB is the superior ride, in a close one, IMO.

Fully realized sets, great story, great queue, and the best interactive ride out there.

From Brandon Mendoza on March 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Gotta go with Splash! More the DLR one than the WDW... even though both parks are starting to have problems with their show.

Even though I like MIB better than any other shooting game, I prefer Splash Mountain overall.

From Robert Niles on March 2, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I was going to suggest combining these attractions, and making WDW's Splash Mountain a shoot-em-up, but I realized that'd be no fun at all. It's way too easy to hit targets that don't move anymore. :-P
From Tim Odom on March 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I know MiB is a favorite here, but I just don't see it. I try, I really do, but if I am running short on time, MiB is the first ride I skip. For me, it is very meh. So, Splash Mountain wins for me.
From Dan Heaton on March 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I really like MIB, but Splash Mountain is one of my favorite attractions anywhere, so it's an easy pick. Plus, MIB's excessive spinning at the end takes it down a notch.
From Mike Gallagher on March 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I barely remember Splash Mountain, but I think I liked it(?)
I've been on MIB, but since I'm not a fan of interactive shoot-em-ups, I had to vote for the former.
From Dominick D on March 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM
It's funny how nobody in the comments has voted for MIB yet.
From Duncan Henny on March 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
well here is a shocker i voted for MiB :) i know it's not everyone's favourite but i like it better than splash mountain
From Mike Gallagher on March 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Spoke too soon, Dom!
From Dominick D on March 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 comment votes for MIB, rest for Splash. Also 170.65.101.6, I agree 100%
From Denis Del Bianco on March 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM
splash Mountain is a nice ride with some work to do. MIB is better themed, with better interaction and better in many other ways I can't remember. I was neuralyzed...
From James Rao on March 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I choose my favorite flume (broken animatronics and all) over my second favorite shooter (TSMM rules the roost).

However, Disney does need to address Splash's current warts or I will not be so generous next year.

From David Kirby on March 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I've never been on MIB but I always thought Splash Mountain was overrated, with broken effects, poor sound, and a much too slow ride, so I voted for MIB out of spite.
From Giovanny Cruz on March 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM
My vote goes to spash mountain why? Because spash mountain is a classic I don't get tired of riding this ride the theme is awosome.I love men in black but you can't. Compere a awosome theme ride to a aqosome shooter
From David L. on March 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I gotta go with Men in Black. I can't vote for a broken ride. Fix it all(permanently) and I'll change my vote. How about a vote for MiB is a vote for Fixing Splash?
From Robert Niles on March 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Bingo, David.
From Will Chilcote on March 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Hard choice. Really like both rides but, had to go with Splash Mountain. Alien Attack is a lot of fun. Its a lot better than Buzz Lightyear but, not as good as Toy Story Midway. But, Splash Mountain is the best flume ride in the USA!
From Tyler Stover on March 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I love Splash - fun ride, great story, nice visuals, so it won my vote, but maintenance issues made me seriously consider voting against it, in the hopes that it losing would put Disney on notice.
From AJ Hummel on March 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I voted for Splash Mountain for two reasons: 1. I've never been on Men in Black and I won't vote for a ride I've never been on (unless I've been on a very similar one, such as voting for Manta when I've been on Tatsu) and 2. I'm convinced Splash Mountain would still be an above average flume ride if all the theming was removed. Yes, it is somewhat sad in its current state, and is the reason I've changed my vote on this site from "Outstanding" to "Commendable", but it is still a decent ride. If I didn't think it was worthy of a vote, I would have simply not voted.
From Mark Fairleigh on March 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Went with Splash...MIB is a solid ride, but doesn't entertain me like it used to. Splash is classic!
From Sylvain Comeau on March 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Love 'em both, but I had to go with Splash. Splash is a ride that just makes me feel good, every time I ride it. Such beauty, atmosphere, and loads of wonderful AAs.

As for MIB, it may be the most entertaining and immersive of the shoot-em-up type ride/games. It's too bad that it had to be pitted against the mighty Mountain.

From Michael Gilmore on March 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Is there really a question on this. I found MIB to be a very fun ride, not as good as the Simpson's remake but still relevant.

But you can't beat the wonder and the five-foot water drop of Splash Mountain. This is one for the record books and I never tire of it. When I make it off wet or dry I know I just came out of my "Laughin' Place."

It is pure enter-containment from beggining till end.
Now that is some "Zippy-do-DUH"!

From N B on March 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM
I don't get why these two rides went up against each other in the first place.... no ride has given our family more fun then MIB. I know Dom was waiting at his computer hitting the refresh button until the ability to vote came up so he could be first to vote against it (MIB, for whatever reason).

I think this ws the highlight of his day, possibly the month.... sigh....

From Randall Peek on March 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM
I voted for Splash Mountain, but only in its Disneyland incarnation. While the logs in the Magic Kingdom are larger and more comfortable, I have to say that I much prefer the original incarnation in California. When I visited Walt Disney World this past September I went on Splash Mountain and the timing just seemed... off. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seemed that the show just doesn't flow as well as it does in Disneyland.
From O T on March 3, 2012 at 4:52 AM
I love MIB, it´s the best shooter there is. But the excessive spinning at the end make me sick and I only can ride it one.
Splash Mountain is just the best ride at Disney and the only reason to visit Magic Kingdom. It´s a long ride (where are those now Disney, they keep getting shorter) and there is lots to see and lots of thrills. Unfortunately the newly installed ´lapbar for stupid people´ takes away some of the comfort in the ride but it´s still awesome and the best Disney ever made (how old is that attraction again?).
From Ashleigh Noad on March 3, 2012 at 4:59 AM
I'm very surprised at the few votes for MIB - I've personally never rated Splash Mountain that highly. It's based on a film that isn't even accessible to the public easily and some of its animatronics are constantly broken or looking worse for wear.
From Matt Babiak on March 3, 2012 at 5:01 AM
It's sad to see that 38% of voters don't have a Laughin' Place :(
From David L. on March 3, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Matt, I did have a laughing place! but then Disney decided to let Splash Mountain become rundown...It needs to be fixed!
From Dominick D on March 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM
NB, the highlight of the month will be my theme park journey next weekend. On Saturday, I try HD Spiderman, The new Minigolf, the Mardi Gras Parade (avoiding BTR. They suck so bad), and Simpsons of course. Then on Sunday I go to Epcot and MK to check out the Flower and Garden Festivel and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. And on Monday, I'm gonna be refreshing the page to be the first to vote Star Tours.
From Andy Milito on March 3, 2012 at 7:42 AM
So he admits that he's desperate to have the first vote...
From David L. on March 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Dominick! Star Tours over Pirates?!?!?! Who hit you on the head recently? ;) With the length, complete theme, amazing AAs, and pure awesomeness, Pirates should win. Star Tours, while amazing, doesn't have the AAs, length, classic status(though it may soon), amazing queue and exterior, ability for most people to ride, and the massive riders per hour.
From Dominick D on March 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Andy and David, you know how much I LOVE Star Tours. It's what all theme park rides should be like: A lifelike journey through a fictional world with one of pop cultures biggest names. Even though Pirates can get over 3,000 riders an hour, they never fill the boats up all the way, making only around 2,000 riders an hour. Star Tours on the other hand when all 6 Speeders are open, you can get almost 3,000 riders an hour. Star Tours is already considered a classic, plus there are a bunch of AA in the building.
From Andy Milito on March 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Star Tours was a classic. Star Tours II can't compare to the original, to be honest. I don't know how anyone can call Star Tours II a classic when it's only been around for a few months. Also, I have a hard time comparing Star Tours II to REAL classics, like Pirates, Space and Splash Mountain, even Dumbo or the classic dark rides (Peter Pan, Pooh, etc.).

And since when does the amount of riders mean it's a classic? It means it's popular, but that doesn't mean it's a classic, in my opinion.

From Dominick D on March 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Star Tours II was a MAJOR improvement on the first. If you really think I looks better than II, wow. Plus, you haven't even been on it!
From 174.252.172.54 on March 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
On my wait times app it says that spiderman has a wait time of 55 minutes . Does that mean soft openings have started? P.s is themepark insider going down to universal for the reopening?
From Randall Peek on March 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Star Tours 1.0 was a great ride in its day. The years had not been kind, though, with all the advances in technology that have come along since. The 2.0 version improves on the original in so many ways and yet stays very true to the spirit of the original. We now get so many iconic characters thrown into the mix, as well as so many variations, that I find it close to inconceivable for someone to still prefer the original. The new version is still Star Tours, and deserves to inherit its predecessor's classic status.
From Dominick D on March 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Randall, you are 100% correct. It's an updated version of a classic ride with more characters, better technology, and 54 possible ride experiences.
From Andy Milito on March 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I never said I was superior to II. I said, II hasn't established itself as a classic like I did.
From Mike Gallagher on March 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Funny how a face-off between MIB and Splash Mountain has turned into a referendum on Monday's vote. So we get to read all these Star Tours comments again tomorrow? I might pass. I'll vote, but the comments page will seem awfully redundant, I'm sure.
From Beth Olliges on March 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I'm sorry I missed this one; I would've voted for MIB. Every time I go to USF, this is not just a must-ride, but a must-ride several times! I usually skip SM; I don't enjoy walking around all day with wet clothes and squishy shoes!