Toy Story Midway Mania was ridiculously fun. I had an absolute blast on it. Maybe if it was double the length it is, I would have voted for it but Harry Potter is simply a better ride.
Oh, and by the way, I've never read the books or seen the movies, so you know this isn't coming from some wizard fanboy.
Or a glorified Wii game on a track with painted walls for theming.
Yea, easy choice.
Wii game for me too!
The only thing TSMM brings is great source material
1. Waits: Face it, waiting in line for these rides stink. FJ offers Single Rider, and TSM offers Fastpass. TSM FPs are an early bird type thing, which I am an early bird to DHS. FJ is good if you don't mind splitting your party, which is fine by me. Verdict: Tie
2. Queues: Toy Story is walk-through through classic toys and games, while FJ is a walk-through of Hogwarts. Easy choice: Verdict: Forbidden Journey
3. Technology: FJ brought nothing new to the table, as it was similar to Spider-Man, except no 3D and you sit on benches (hench the nickname Bench: The Ride). TSM on the other hand, brought shooting games to a whole new level. It inherits Spider-Man's 3D but lacks motion, but instead gives us a Wii game with special effects and secrets, leaving the re-ride value high. Verdict: TSM
4. Storyline: Toy Story Mania is where Andy got a new midway style toy. Andy will be gone for the whole day, so the toys invite the guests to play in a midway style ride where nothing goes wrong. Bench: The Ride on the other hand is where Dumbledore (probably drunk) opens Hogwarts to muggles for an open house tour. You were going to listen to Professor Binns give a 3 hour lecture, but Harry and the gang invite you to go to the Quidditch game. As you quidditch (get the pun?) the classroom, something goes wrong; Hagrid's dragon is on the loose, and things get bad from there. If the ride would of stayed in the forest, maybe it would of won Storyline, but instead we get clustered with Dementors and enter the Chamber of Secrets (out of place, BTW. COS is IN the castle, not under the Quidditch Pitch) with no explination. IMO, TSM has a simple storyline, while Bench's is a little complicated. Verdict: TSM
5. Ride Performance: Both of these rides are very fun, no doubt about that. However, both of these rides feel like fail attempts at Spider-Man. One has the motion, on has the 3D. For example: Bench's motion+TSM's 3D=Spider-Man. Spider-Man beats the crap out of both of these rides. Verdict: Neither
6. Re-Ride Value: Bench: The Ride stays the same every time you ride, while TSM pretty much changes according to YOU. Bench has a high re-ride value, but TSM has a really high re-ride value. Verdict: TSM
So our final scores are 1-3. TSM is the clear winner for me. Remember, this is my own opinion.
I respond: What the heck do you think you do on FJ?!?!?! TSM has props while your moving!
No it doesn't. It's got blacklight painted plywood.
I also love the "name calling" of a certain ride to evoke a response, clearly the tactic of the simple minded.
As I made no specific mention of anything in this post, you can speculate as to its ambiguity. Man, do I sound like TH.... :)
I still voted for FJ, given the level of theme and immersion I see in the new land. I like TSM. It's fun, but it's not to same level as what I've seen and heard reported from HP fans.
I love both attractions, but there is absolutely no contest here- FJ is the benchmark (no pun intended!)...
Maybe the wait times are long on very crowded days, but TSMM routinely has wait times over an hour. When the park is crowded, the sign might as well say "Wait from this point: THE REST OF YOUR LIFE."