From Alex Gamso on May 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I am riding it on Tuesday for physics day. I am so excited!
From Robert Niles on May 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Thanks, Anthony!

Too bad that Six Flags wouldn't let you in the video seat during the media day. Heaven forbid a complete on-ride video be on a theme park website where several hundred thousand theme park fans and potential customers will see it over the course of the summer, as a opposed to letting a local TV "celebrity" go on for a 10-second broadcast clip that will be immediately forgotten. But hey, that's just my view. ;^)

From James Rao on May 11, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Nice work, Anthony. I will be in Dollywood in a few weeks to ride their Wing Coaster, and I cannot wait. Thanks for wetting my appetite!
From 80.153.240.51 on May 11, 2012 at 5:37 AM
May I ask what is so brand new on this compared to X2 ? X2 even flips the individuals whereas X Flight has fixed seats, isn't it ?
From Robert Niles on May 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM
The fixed seats appear to be the main difference for this model, beyond the different manufacturers, of course.
From Anon Mouse on May 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM
"X Flight is unlike any other coaster in the world"

This is overselling. Roller coasters are not that unique in experience. I haven't ridden anything new for a long time. They all feel the same after awhile.

I would prefer they combine roller coasters with visual, music, and sensory experience. Universal's The Mummy is a good example of roller coasters that give us more to hightens the experience. Its too bad that there isn't a successor to The Mummy.

From 216.2.163.226 on May 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM
First of its kind i would say is wrong. Since X2 at magic mountain theres no track above or below the rider also.
From Brian Afdahl on May 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Last comment was mine.
From Anthony Murphy on May 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I will now add my comments and responses:

1. I was a bit disappointed that they did not allow me to ride in the front row and get an on ride video. They were bascially "reserved" for important VIPs such as news anchors and radio personalities. I asked my repstresentative if I could go or get an on ride video and she simply said "No". I felt that if they would have given me the guy that I had for all the other press events, I would have been in that front row. Its ok though since there were many angles for me to get great pictures and video

2. I still worry that Six Flags Great America is making over exaggerated claims about this attraction, and others. For example, they advertised this one as the "first of its kind" which, if you check, is not true. Dollywood has a very similar version of this attraction. This was told to me when the park Representative assigned to me corrected me when I repeated the claim that I only heard last Saturday from their Ads.

4. Getting all the negatives out of the way, this is simply an amazing roller coaster. Six Flags Great America has greatly improved with this addition (opposed to the Dark Knight). It is smooth, thrilling, and full of scenery and stuff for you to almost run into. This attraction also has water and fog effects which, if they can keep it maintained, will be my favorite roller coaster in the park.

5. I think this kind of roller coaster would also be a good addition at Disney since the theming can be customized and the roller coaster pushes the envelope for inverted travel. I could see X Flight, in its SFGA form, as a perfect addition to DCA next to Soarin. Like I mentioned, it has that old aviation vibe.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks to Robert for letting me cover it!