166.248.96.134

Published: June 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience at cars land Robert. I can't say if I'll enjoy cars land ,but I'm definitely way more excited than when they announced it. Radiators spring racers is definitely going to be the most crowded attraction in a few weeks. Does anyone think if cars land should brought to be orlando or kept exclusively in Anaheim ? I personally feel it should be kept in Disneyland . Can someone do a discussion about how dhws can be expanded ? ( Favorite Disney park and it irritates me that it doesn't have enough attractions , if not good ones)
Jonah Sirota

Published: June 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

'Cars Land abounds with such touches where Disney could easily have opted for the conventional, but instead chose to try something quite a bit more ambitious. To me, that's something to celebrate - and not to complain about.'

Amen! Is it just me, or does Disney seem to be getting it right a whole lot more often these days?

Eric Malone

Published: June 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Thanks for the preview there. I'd love to visit sometime, but I don't see it happening.
Russell Overland

Published: June 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Disney never stops amazing me when it comes to the smallest detail. While standing in line at the Junkyard Jamboree I happened to look down to notice the chains in the Que the knobs at the poles were radiator caps!! Oh Disney thank you for always doing it above and beyond.
Dominick D

Published: June 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

RSR and the rest of the land looks absolutely amazing. I'm hoping I can get to SoCal next year!
Andrew Swanson

Published: June 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Robert--

I'm curious for your opinion. Now that Cars Land is open, along with the other additions and improvements over the last five years is DCA at the same level of quality as DisneySEA?

What do you think, having visited Tokyo recently?

81.70.136.4

Published: June 11, 2012 at 3:49 AM

After Disney went for the cheap and ugly they corrected it nicely. Makes me wonder why they didn't do it right away.
So now up to fix Epcot and the Walt Disney Studios that are both in need of some 500 million dollar overhaul.
Sylvain Comeau

Published: June 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Nice to hear that someone likes Luigi's ride. It's been getting lots of negative comments on other sites.
75.89.233.134

Published: June 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I think Cars Land and ESPECIALLY Radiator Springs the ride should be brought to Hollywood Studios because I think it could use a family friendly E-ticket other than Toy Story Mania. It is the park with the lowest attendence.

However, I think if they brought Radiator Springs over they should alter it a little so that each coasts version differs slightly and still is unique to that park. But alter it in a way that just makes it different / unique to that park..... not give us half a version of it..... like the way Disney CA got the abbriviated version of Tower of Terror.

205.225.207.163

Published: June 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Looks nice but CA Adventure will need at least another themed land/ area to make it a full day visit.
Tyler Stover

Published: June 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Sounds great! I've seen a lot of predictions out there that the flying tires would be a flop, so I'm happy to see someone was able to make it work. I'll have to make sure to give it a shot soon in case not enough people figure it out and they go they way of the flying saucers.

That egg cone looks a bit disappointing, but I would gladly pay $12 for that turkey meal at Disneyland. Disney CANNOT do burgers right, but if you must then Taste Pilot's is a short walk away. I'm thinking Flos could be a new favorite.

We didn't win the chance to preview Carsland and didn't feel like paying extra, so we're just going to get there very early on a Saturday (when all other APs are blocked out) and give it a shot with the masses. From what I see here, I'm sure it will be worth the hassle.

rick stevens

Published: June 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

They finally brought back the UFO's! I loved that ride as a kid. Is there still a big arm that comes out to collect the riders and bring them back to the start?
199.46.200.232

Published: June 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I went to the Saturday morning session. I thought at first after waiting in line with the other sea of people, that I had wasted my $50. Well, after exploring the entire four hours; it was well worth it! The detail put into Carsland was incredible. There was so much to take in. First ride, Mater's Junkyard (as everyone else headed for Radiator Springs). It was a fun quirky ride, only negative, got yelled at from a CM for taking a picture of my grandson on the ride, even though another CM helped another couple and took a picture of them. Oh well, I guess different trainers. Next ride Luigi's Flying Tires: this is were I was a bit negative, the wait line took forever, it was really slow. As we got closer, I could see why it took so long - I noticed quite a few single riders in a tire and they were just sitting there - come on at least you can lean and appear like you were having a fun time! For me, my daughter and grandson, we had a BLAST and laughed so hard! We got that leaning down pat and we were flying across and grabbing beach balls, and tossing them at other riders. Too bad it was only a minute and a half ride.

We decided to take in a bit of the cuisine and went over to the Cozy Cone Hotel (no lines at this point), tried the pretzel bites and had to buy one of those cone cups. Pretzel bites were tasty, not doughy, and the cone drink cup was a cute concept. Had breakfast at Flo's, it was okay. I think I'd rather have the lunch/dinner menu (will try next time). I didn't care for the eggs, kinda reminded me of mass produced camp eggs (half real/half powdered). The bacon was cooked just right and the fruit was fresh, biscuit was hard as was the waffles. The tamale was ok too, it was mostly masa.

Final ride; Radiator Springs. They have a single rider lane - YEA!! My grandson didn't meet the height requirement. That was the best line ever. No wait time, my daughter and I switched off, she had to wait less then two minutes and I got right on, so got to ride it a few times - this ride was fast and alot to look at; another great ride at DLR.

With the three rides rode; we strolled up and down Route 66 and browsed. Got pictures with some of the CMs in their new costumes. It was a great morning.

Headed over to Buena Vista Street and WOW, they really made over this area. Loved everything about it and how they captured the era.

I'm happy that Disney gave us the option of purchasing passes to preview before the general public. Well worth it.

TH Creative

Published: June 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Personal Wish List is now complete!

Disney Animal Kingdom

Magic Kingdom Park
Adventureland / Frontierland / Tomorrowland NextGen gags in public areas
Jungle Cruise Revamp
20K simulator to replace Tomorrowland Speedway.

Epcot
Brazil to World Showcase

Disney Hollywood Studios
Cars Land

143.116.116.91

Published: June 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Robert. Thanks for another great review. Are those tractors in 'Maters tow ride?
M. Ryan Traylor

Published: June 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I'll make comment brief here since I'll have a trip report posted of my BGE/W to DCA weekend.

I LOVED Luigi Flying tires. It's a ride that disappeared long before I could go to theme parks. As Robert has pointed out, understand physics and you can handle this ride. And the cast members at the attraction instruct you in efficient detail on how to move about.

Published: June 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Whaddya mean DCA isn't a full day visit? If the expected crowds show up after the 15th, just once through the queues at RSR and the Tires alone might be a "full day visit." ;^)
167.167.40.2

Published: June 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I was going to wait until fall to check this out, not I think I'm just going to brave the crowds and go now. And DCA is a full day park, lol!!
Brandon Mendoza

Published: June 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Seriously, DCA is now a fully fledged full-day park with the new land. Not everything about DLR is rides/ attractions. Just being IN Carsland is fantastic. You are completely in another world.

Now if they would just do this for Agrabah, "a small provincial French town", and the Pridelands... I think I might be able to die happy! Just kidding, but I do love the concept of dropping guests completely into other lands and not so chopped up. Sure, it takes a lot of real estate, but totally worth it!