Really hoping this comes true.
Basically Disney's problem is that Disney's biggest competition is Disney.
A trip to Flordia is a a just as a viable destination for a Brit at least (we even get advertisements for Busch Gardens and UOA) as DP, I can't speak for the rest of the continent.
"losing" Disneyland Paris would be a huge prestige blow. I think the solution is a complete rethink. Tokyo has Disneysea that makes it different, maybe the solution make a big change to DP to make it unlike the other MK parks - maybe even abandon the MK concept as we know it... Make it a park that Americans (and even Europeans) cannot visit anywhere else.
Not unlike a certain park in Anahiem used to be once.
But get rid of all french managers as Rob suggested would be a huge mistake. No one can manage a company in a foreign country without local people.
The 5 Disneylands are regional parks, but WDW is a world destination.
Btw, Disney alread owns 60% since Euro Disney SCA only owns 80% of the park, while the other 20% are directly held by Disney ( its even more complicated strictly legal speaking, with the park property technically owned by creditors for tax reasons or sth like that ).
So (~1900(debt)+164/0,8) + estimate for cash value of franchise and managment fees, currently arround 62 million a year. Make that at least 62*15 ~ 3500€ valuation for the resort.
As mentioned the big problem is the people.
It always feels overcrowded, a large number of the guests are pushy and rude, and the staff are on the most part absolutely useless.
There are major issues with the way things are organised.extra magic hours with the majority of the major rides not open, all but 1 of the quick serves being closed on a very busy day signs outside mot of the restaurants saying we're closed but try this other place (only for that place to be closed as well and really unhelpful staff who aren't able to answer simple questions.
P.S. I've seen the ownership and control flowchart for EuroDisney SCA and it gave me a SERIOUS headache, it was THAT complicated.