You missed another sign of the impending Apocalypse..Bazooka Gum recently announced it was deep-sixing Bazooka Joe comic strips with its product.
I hate that the Apocalypse arrives when I haven't rode either of the coasters named Apocalypse. Well, TECHNICALLY I have ridden one, but that no longer counts.
Great post, Jeff.
FYI - for the non-Mayan calendar end of the year junkies (those who instead choose to believe the following: there is supposedly a black hole in the middle of the Milky Way holding everything together. Our solar system is around the outer edge of the disc. When our solar system lines up with center of the galaxy on 12-21-12, we will be at the strongest part of the galaxy's magnetic field where there is maximum gravitation. So, with the Sun's solar cycle being at it's maximum, the alignment of Saturn and Jupiter, and the alignment of the sun with the equator of the Milky Way, this perfect storm will cause an increase in the magnitude of the Sun's solar flares and the gravitational complexities that influence our planet. Earth may undergo a magnetic pole shift, or even worse, it may reverse its rotation since we'll be in the opposite hemisphere of the galaxy!) the world is supposed to end at like 5:00 AM Friday (Central, of course), so you better start your drinking Thursday night.
As long as I get a lunch out of it, I am happy.
I got some:
Thank you Southwest for making tickets relatively "cheap" and allowing the "second bag to fly free" deal. Saved me tons of money when I got those calls to pick up this or that from all thosr that werent on a trip.
Thank you to the Triumvirate that ran TPA it was great (again) this year.
Thank you to Universal for one upping Disney and forcing them to one up you, with the acquisition Lucas Film. I love the fact if we all survive this, there will be more Star Wars movies, rides, and attraction in the near future!
And of course
Thank you to You and the other readers and posters for keeping thoroughly entertained with your posts and rants about something I love to talk and read about.
Universal is so much better ? and is that proved in the attendance figures, or universals P&L ...... ? 2 half day parks beat disney.....your dreaming
It was immediately replaced with a similar but much better world.
I have yet to understand the full impact, but I have discovered a few major difference between the old world and the new one that replaced it.
1. In this new world, no one has ever heard of a lazo-blade.
2. Oddly, flying cars are no longer commonplace and are still a thing of science fiction
3. Britney Spears no longer wins the Nobel Prize in physics for creating atom vibration technology, which several years later was used by most countries to boil their neighboring countries alive. In this new world she was recruited at a young age by the Disney company and becomes a pop singer…..at least they could try to make these things sound plausible if they are going to rewrite history like that…..I mean, really, how does someone with no musical talent at all become a pop singer?
4. In a weird twist that I don’t quite understand, we are best friends with Canada and not Mexico. I wonder what happens to the 300,000 people that died in the Arctic War? And yet, somehow the USA was allowed to keep Alaska in this new world. I find that to be a bit of an oversight…..I wonder how they explained that one….
5. In this new world, no one has ever heard of Cleat Justain and the Crumbles, which I do consider to be a bonus, since their song, “Love with a Punch” had been banned in twenty countries and caused hearing loss in most adults even when played at a low volume. In their place, it appears that someone name Justin Bieber has taken their place, so I have yet to decide if this is a net gain or not.
New Elitchs* is awful. Never hold a candle to the Old Elitch Gardens*, even if the latter never had any big steel coasters.
*I have and always will refer to the current Elitchs as new, even though it has been there awhile. Old Es will always be the one that was on 38th and Tennyson.