Brian Emery

Published: April 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I do not understand how much can happen on the Hogwarts express since it will probably be a very short train ride. Or is it going to be longer than a few minutes?

I am also wondering how they will handle that fact you can buy tickets for one park per day and not the multi park ticket.

James Trexen

Published: April 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My favorite rumor thus far: In an effort to address the problems facing Animal Kingdom's notorious Yeti and to promote Disney & Pixar's Monsters University, Expedition Everest will enter a short refurbishment to replace the Yeti with the Abominable Snowman from Monsters Inc. Instead of swinging at guests, he will welcome them to the Himalayas and offer them snowcones. Don't worry, they're lemon.
Russell Meyer

Published: April 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Shake Shack is overrated Robert...Perhaps I'm jaded because the only one I've been to is at Nationals Park, and is subject to stadium markup, but I would choose In-N-Out anyday and everyday, and Five Guys every other day.

Brian, there's a simple solution to the ticket issue---Universal either stops selling the single park ticket, or requires guests to have the 2-park ticket before they get on the train.

Rob Pastor

Published: April 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Orlando United Insiders are saying that single park ticket holders will have to return to the original train station if they do not choose to upgrade to a two park pass. Ticket booths in the train station will be present for those who want to upgrade. This is not an official news release from Universal, but OI insiders are generally pretty accurate with their Universal info.
James Koehl

Published: April 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I thought the Iron Rattler looked pretty good. I love the honest-to-goodness rock tunnel, much better than the usual concrete bunker-type or the racing-through-the-garden-shed kind on most coasters.
Jay R.

Published: April 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Thanks for the Vegas update!

And that Shake Shack will pretty close to the In N Out on Tropicana! Spent many of days after school at that In N Out (and the occasional ride on the NY NY roller coaster)

Published: April 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

And James Trexen's comment wins the thread. :^)

Also, I can confirm that there will be ticket booths in the Hogwarts Express station for selling upgrades to two-park tickets. It's in the plans I've seen.

I've eaten at the Shake Shack in the Theater District, and I thought it was amazing -- perhaps superior to In-N-Out. But I'm waiting to test that with a proper side-by-side taste test. Now, we just need to get a Burgerville down to Vegas to complete the Holy Trio of fast food burger joints.

Jeff Elliott

Published: April 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I have not heard that people with a single park pass will be able to ride the Hogwarts Express.

From the way I understood it...the Hogwarts Express is an exclusive perk for those with a multi-park pass...and the ticket windows in the stations will allow you to upgrade your pass right there on the spot.

I would expect that on opening day it will be an exclusive and as the years move on and the demand starts to wane, it will be something you can do a there and back again trip on...but not when it opens...the park needs to make money off of this and what better way to gage how a new expansion is than to make it an upcharge for people with a single park pass.

Then again...if they start having angry crowds over this policy, they might radically change it on the fly...

....and you never know until it opens....

Rob Pastor

Published: April 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

OU insiders have been reporting that riders with single park passes will be able to ride, but not depart, into the other park. They've reported that Universal mgt. does not want to confuse and anger ticket buyers by refusing them access to what will be an E ticket attraction. Once again, this info has not yet been publicly revealed by Universal.

Published: April 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think the smart move for Universal is to position the ticket booths at the exits of Hogwarts Express. That way, you can ride with a one-park ticket, which will take you over to the other half of the Wizarding World. But if you want to get out and enjoy that half, you'll have to pay the upgrade.

Being right there in front of more Harry Potter, tempting you to come in? I doubt many parents would be able to resist. It'd be a tougher walk-away than walking away from the entrance to the Hogwarts Express back over in the other park, where you already have a ticket.

I wished I'd taken a closer look at the Diagon Alley plans, to see if the ticket hall was at the entrance or exit of the Express!

Rob Pastor

Published: April 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Robert: According to OU, those riders with the one park ticket will still have to depart the train once it reaches the next depot, then get back on for a return trip on a different train. So perhaps Universal will make it possible to purchase a 2 park ticket at that point.
Anon Mouse

Published: April 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I wonder if it will be a long wait to get back on to the train. If they don't figure out how to reduce the wait times for the returning one park guests, people will be upset over the possible deception. Having the ticket booths at the end might sound like a bait and switch. They should warn the guests when they are boarding. Perhaps they should have an two different lines (1) round trips, (2) one way trips.

For the round trips, it needs a different show to tie up the loose ends so the show is seamless. I expect the trip to stop at the other end and wait for while until the next train leaves the station.

Of course, another way to deal with the one way round trips is they add pre-show so the guests get a bonus for their trouble.

Jeff Elliott

Published: April 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I just worry about how peeved guests are going to be if they take the Hogwarts Express to the other park, are required to get off the ride and stand in line again for the return trip, only to find that there is a two hour wait for the return...
KJ Simpson

Published: April 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Interesting comments on Hogwarts Express. I had imagined single-park ticket holders just staying on board, but if it's true that they will need to disembark, that could be a big time waste(not to mention a great opportunity to sell that second entrance ticket!). As for Magic Kingdom- I am ridiculously excited for the Mine Train, especially after seeing the extended version of that video. It looks like exactly my kind of attraction...
Rob Pastor

Published: April 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

OU insiders have been saying there will be more than two trains running at a time. Trains will be loaded & ready to go as others disembark their passengers. Also the attraction will be very high capacity . Trips will have different scenarios, and there will be lots of info and postings concerning the ride status for one party ticket holders. Even a special seating area on each train to accommadate quick seating for handicapped visitors is included. Looks like Universal is doing their homework in advance to address any issues on what is sure to become one of the most popular attractions in Orlando theme parks. There's lots more info out there on OU on this attraction, but it's spread around on 2 threads that have more than 1000 page sections, so I'm not trying to go through all the past info, this is the best that my memory serves me. They really have seemed to have their info to a T when it comes to the trains.