1. Many people on the East coast haven't experienced this ride yet.
2. Its still very popular and would fit in Walt Disney World (especially Animal Kingdom)
3. Disney now owns the rights to Lucasfilms.
4. It would be alot cheaper to construct instead of a new attraction because the ride already exists and no major redesigning by disney imagineers would need to take place.
5. The ride is already a very successful ride and would be a great fit for Animal Kingdom.
Thanks for your consideration, I absolutely love love this ride and hope that one day it makes it to Disney World
I know this is much easier than said than done, but you will have a better time if you relax and savor the now rather than bemoaning what went un-done.
I have done a most of these and for sure will help the food/water budget. It all depends on how adventurous you want to be. Good luck.