Mike Gallagher

Published: December 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

That bacon with the Tonga looks perfect.
Jay R.

Published: December 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'm intrigued by the tonga toast!, I've never heard of it before, but it sounds good.
Amanda Jenkins

Published: December 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I'm so happy you reviewed the Tonga toast! I have been very curious about it and wondered if we should try it on our next trip. I too am not a huge fan of French toast, though I fell in love with Pooh's puffed French toast at the Crystal Palace. Will definitely try Kona Cafe on the next trip.
Gabriel Schroll

Published: December 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I don't know if I'm more heart-broken or upset with you for not mentioning The Samoan!

Oh my god, my wife and I are in love with that dish. We both think it's the best single breakfast dish in all of Walt Disney World. And you didn't even show a picture of it!

Ugh.

Tonga Toast is fine and all, but The Samoan is where it's at, and it didn't get a shout out. Last time I read one of your articles! :p

Seriously though.

Anthony Murphy

Published: December 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Thanks for reading my article! Here are some responses to your comments:

1. The bacon was delicious (then again, when is bacon not?)

2. I can't recommend Tonga Toast enough! I am a big Bacon and Eggs guy, but this was worth it. It tasted like bananas between cinnamon toast crunch with the freshest strawberry sauce put on top!

3. My parents almost got the Samoan, but went with the platter so that they can try as many things as possible. There seems to be way too many good things on the menu and we are only talking breakfast here!

Alfonso Giordano

Published: December 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The Tonga Toast is delicious, I can't wait to try it again!
N B

Published: December 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Meats on sticks at Ohana is still one of my favorite vacation meals of all time.
Chris C.

Published: December 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

you're supposed to toast your french toast in the oven (preferably a toaster oven) to make it less soggy
N B

Published: December 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Actually, I put about a half inch of cooking oil in a pan and basically deep fry one half , then flip them over. All crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Throw a little vanilla and cinnamon in the egg mix while you are at it...

Published: December 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Even better than the Tonga Toast or the Samoan, I love the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes. Your parents got a sample of them on the Big Kahuna they ordered, but the large portion is perfect for the person wanting to get a nice, sugary start to the morning. Nothing like a quick burst of short lived energy to prepare you for that mid afternoon crash at the resort.

Thanks for sharing, Anthony!

199.123.79.97

Published: December 11, 2013 at 7:05 AM

On our last family reunion at Disney World, my brother and his wife Larry and Christine invited my wife and I to have breakfast. It was one of the best breakfasts we've ever had. The special pancakes they make are great. And their coffee is excellent. We can't wait to have breakfast there the next time we visit. Note that the view of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the "docks" of the Polynesian is great. And their Luau is very entertaining as well. Excellent review. (Frank and Chong)