From James Rao on February 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Looks like a real winner... the interiors are already more elaborate than I expected. Can't wait to see and experience the finished product when I head back to Orlando in '15.
From TH Creative on February 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Anyone else see the irony? Dwarfs vs. Goblins.
From Annette Forrest on February 24, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Is Snow White and the Witch going to be in the ride at all?
From Anon Mouse on February 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM
The 38-inch height requirement seems awfully tall. Why can't they make adjustments lower? Alternatively, haven't they considered a parallel kiddie train for 3 to 5 year olds? I can see many kids crying over another ride that they cannot ride.
From Robert Niles on February 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Perhaps it's worth nothing that Snow White wasn't in the original Snow White ride at first. I've heard people suggest that the guests were supposed to be experiencing Snow White's POV for most of the ride, which is why you didn't see her. But guest complains eventually led Disney to add Snow to the ride. (Anyone better versed in Fantasyland history may jump in here with corrections or more detail. I always was a West Side guy, myself.)

Given that this is the Dwarfs' mine, I hadn't expected to see Snow White or the witch in the ride.

From James Rao on February 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Anon, the average height of a five year old is ~40". Even my kids, all a bit on the short side, were over 40" at five. I think at 38" the height requirement is going to let most 4 and 5 year-olds ride. Any younger than 4 and they won't really care that much if they miss out since there are plenty of other more suitable family attractions at the Magic Kingdom to occupy their interest.
From Daniel Etcheberry on February 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM
A height requirement for a ride about dwarfs?

From Rob Pastor on February 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Great point Daniel.LOL
From 205.188.117.16 on February 24, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Souds really good. My question is this: will this ride have real animatronics?
From Anon Mouse on February 24, 2014 at 9:31 PM
James, great for you to decide what is suitable. Even for kids that are barely 38 inches at 4 years old, some kids still might not be strong enough to handle a rollercoaster no matter how mild. The height requirement is a restriction that implies several limitations including health, size, strength, and content. Boo hoo.
From Robert Niles on February 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM
And Daniel drops the mic. Great comment.
From James Rao on February 25, 2014 at 4:38 AM
Height requirements are nothing new, Anon. And being as this attraction is in fact a roller coaster, you had to know there would be limitations. At 38", it appears that Disney is trying to be as accommodating as possible within the realms of safety. Not sure what you would be "boo-hoo-ing".

BTW, is it Dwarfs or Dwarves?

From Anon Mouse on February 25, 2014 at 6:22 AM
I would be boo hoo'ing the nothing new height requirements for safety for a rollercoaster that they just had to do for a dwarfs mine train. Yes, it is just so clear that this is what they decided to do and it is thoughtful to know people must, yet again, work around their decisions. BOO HOO.
From Gabriel Schroll on February 25, 2014 at 6:44 AM
This looks like a pretty darn good ride! I can't wait until it's finished, all the trees are planted, the rocks get their final paint jobs, and everything else is put in place. I really think it's going to be a big hit.

I'm looking forward to riding it and experiencing that slow moving section prior to picking up speed again. That's a very interesting concept to have in a roller coaster that I'm not aware has been done before.

From James Rao on February 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM
@Anon Huh????
From 98.85.129.61 on February 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
This looks so lame. They should have improved buzz light year or the speedway. Magic kingdom really needs a new E ticket Splash mountain opened in freaking 1992

Wow four years for this. Disney is really losing its way

From James Rao on February 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM
^Revenues are up. Profits are up. Attendance is up. Yep, Disney is clueless.
From 216.53.232.222 on February 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM
People keep lumping the Mine Train project in with the original announcement of New Fantasyland. Keep in mind, this was not part of the plan. It was a late change in the process, a change that probably wasn't even fully fleshed out design wise when they announced it. It didn't take three years to build the mine train alone, it's taking that long from phase 1 which was redoing the exterior of The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh to finally opening the last phase, the coaster.