From Tracy Bates on June 7, 2014 at 6:53 PM
I'm reading this sitting in front of the fireplace she's talking about and it is indeed a wonderful resort.

Also, there is a geyser on the way to the boat landing that erupts pretty much every hour on the hour. Keep an eye out for it.

From David Brown on June 8, 2014 at 3:34 AM
I've not stayed at Wilderness Lodge but have eaten at Artist Point and can vouch for it big time. It was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best meal we ate anywhere in Disney World or beyond during a two week vacation. It was better than Cipricos, Narcoosees and Jikos, all of which we also sampled. Simply stunning in every respect.
From Gabriel Schroll on June 8, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I also vouch for Artist Pointe. What an incredible restaurant with simply amazing food!! Oh, it's a travesty that you weren't able to eat there while staying at Wilderness Lodge, but it sure isn't cheap so I can understand skipping it this time.

This is the resort my wife and I stayed at on our honeymoon, so I have fond memories. This was also the weekend when I was called and offered a promotion at work, so doubly good experience.

I agree that when you're driving up to the resort, it suddenly feels like you've left Florida. The landscaping with the towering pines and no palm trees in sight, to the brown and green color scheme of the resort, you simply feel like you're in another part of the country. It was impressive. And pictures will never show how massive and ornate the lobby really is. It is something to behold!

I don't recall my room itself very well, but I'm sure it was just fine. No bunk beds for me and the misses. Lol.

From Brian Emery on June 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Let me ask you experts this. Which is better Animal Kingdome lodge or this Wilderness Lodge.
From 204.4.13.72 on June 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Great report! The pictures look wonderful
From 96.246.126.148 on June 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM
I stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it. The theme, grounds, and location, are perfect. Artist Point is also wonderful.
From Tracy Bates on June 9, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Brian, personally I liked animal kingdom lodge more. I could stay in my room the entire trip and just watch the animals out the window.

The thing that hurts AK lodge is the only transportation is bus. That's not nearly as nice or convenient as taking the boat over to the magic kingdom or other resort around the lake.

From Anthony Murphy on June 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM
I will make one comment about Wilderness Lodge that was not covered in Amanda's great review.

For all you DVCers out there, the rooms are the smallest and I feel the biggest letdown of any of the DVC villas.

From 76.124.113.99 on June 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I love love love this resort! We went there when I was a teenager and enjoyed the atmosphere so much, I went back after graduating high school with some friends and was just as I remember it.

I actually refuse to go anywhere else and trust me I was tempted to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge (I believe they have THEE best breakfast anywhere at Disney.) But when my dad past away a few years ago, my mom paid for my brothers family and mine to go anywhere we wanted... so my 2 step daughters and wife picked Wilderness Lodge!!! (who would have thunk? lol)

Great place and coming back to your cleaned room is always a treat, wondering what special surprise the staff made up. For those who don't know what I am talking about... this resort is known for the cleaning staff to make Disney characters and other things out of pretty much anything laying around the room. Usually they use towels, but I have on occasion had stuff made with a variety of items.