Nathaniel Gillespie

Published: June 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Great review, also great to see one of my favorite plays referenced as well! Can't wait to ride
TH Creative

Published: June 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM

From my perspective the so-called "glitches" are an affirmation that Universal Creative is fearless. Never cutting it cheap and always pushing the envelope. In the weeks ahead the technical challenges will be addressed and Universal Creative will maintain its standing as the gold standard in themed entertainment.
68.97.246.57

Published: June 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM

As long as the dragons are not eating the tourists, I'm okay with a few delays.
Tony Duda

Published: June 19, 2014 at 8:12 PM

I'm really looking forward to this ride. I just hope they don't dumb-down the 10-mile plummet simulation like they did at Forbidden Journey where they removed the simulated fast rise out of the castle just because weak stomach and vertigo prone guests complained.
Rob Pastor

Published: June 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Excellent analysis & comment by TH.
O T

Published: June 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Robert, you write a few times "propelled". Is that a speed up of the ride or is it suggested by screens? And most important has it curved banks? How much is coaster and how much not? Was any of this noticeable or are you unable to tell?
The ride sure sounds amazing (as does the queue that is an attraction in itself). Can't wait to try it out and thank you for all your great reviews.
Daniel Etcheberry

Published: June 20, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Is the motion-base movement as intense as Indy?

Published: June 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM

No, Daniel. The ride isn't as physically intense as FJ, Indy, Transformers, etc. The motion base spins and jiggles the cars, and not particularly intensely.
204.99.250.45

Published: June 20, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm convinced they lowered the height requirement so that Warwick Davis could ride it.
184.35.5.144

Published: June 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Robert is the Escape from Gringotts ride able to accommodate people of all sizes. I know when we rode FJ it was a tight fit for me and a lot of the other guest in line with me. I am sure when we go back I will not be able to ride FJ this time because of the extra pounds I have put on. I guess a diet is in my near future. Wish Universal would keep this in mind when building these new attractions because larger people like to have fun too.
Anon Mouse

Published: June 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Are there queue switchbacks in the Great Hall? I would hate it if this hall is marred with guests standing around. The photos shows it as empty. Where do guests enter and exit?

Published: June 20, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Anon, it is empty. You enter from perspective of the shot above and exit behind the goblin on the far end.

As for riders of all sizes, the best comparison is with Mummy. If you fit in those seats, you'll likely fit in these.

James Trexen

Published: June 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Now I'm confused. Your picture indicates that people will just stand around in the Great Hall, but other pictures from a while back showed some small metal plates that suggested that there would indeed be switchbacks. I can't imagine them not using the latter with the expected crowds.
Sylvain Comeau

Published: June 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Robert, does the ride have AAs and physical sets? Or is it all 3D?
97.97.200.67

Published: June 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Looks like a great ride can' t wait to ride
66.87.117.17

Published: June 22, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Oh my goodness!!!! Can't wait to ride Gringotts! That is what I am most excited about in Diagon Alley! Love all the detail and authenticity that those wizards put into all of Diagon Alley!