Published: June 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I want to thank Anthony for covering this for us, and to apologize for holding his post until the weekend. I didn't want it to get lost in all our Harry Potter coverage from Universal last week, and I thought it his post might get the additional attention it deserved by holding it until today. Anyway, thanks again, Anthony, and great job. Looks like a fun ride!

Published: June 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Thank you, Anthony. This coaster looks tremendous and quite unique.

For those in our Orlando-centric audience who have not been following the coaster industry, what Rocky Mountain Construction is doing these days is every bit as exciting and revolutionary as what has been happening in Orlando and SoCal. If you have not seen the POV for this new creation, please watch. It is unbelievably cool. To me, this coaster is the kind of ride that makes a park a vacation destination, much like Outlaw Run did for Silver Dollar City last year.

Phenomenal.

Gabriel Schroll

Published: June 21, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Wow. The amount of time spent upside down on this roller coaster is insane, especially considering there are not the traditional shoulder harnesses that steel coasters employ.

I'm about 5 hours from this park, and would love to sneak a trip in this season to check this out. In all likelihood, I won't. But if I can find the time and money, it'd be enticing.

Thanks for the write-up, Anthony. Really cool article and ride!

James Trexen

Published: June 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM

This'll be my first RMC coaster, so I am sure excited to see what all the fuss is about. Gratz on getting your mom to ride Anthony. Mine would never, ever get on this thing.
Melanie Howe

Published: June 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I need to go to Chicago now.... Wow!!
James Koehl

Published: June 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Anthony, terrific article as always. Whenever I see an article from you I know it's going to be well-written, informative and interesting.
Anthony Murphy

Published: June 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Thanks for all the comments!

I actually went there on Friday and Saturday as well for Coasters After Dark and just a regular day at Great America. The lines were over two hours both days and the coaster broke down for two hours on Saturday. My theory is that the wheels, which are made of polyethelene are not standing up as well as expected.

71.239.223.38

Published: June 22, 2014 at 2:59 PM

How long are the seatbelts? I'm 6'6" and 280 pounds, so sometimes I have a hard time fitting into coasters. I have a trip to Great America planned for Wednesday, so I'm hoping they're long enough for me!
206.74.245.236

Published: June 22, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Gabriel wrote "The amount of time spent upside down on this roller coaster is insane, especially considering there are not the traditional shoulder harnesses that steel coasters employ".... and pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

I'm kind of amazed that this coaster does not have over the shoulder restraints!

Anthony Murphy

Published: June 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I am being honest here, but I am sorry to say that you might have a problem fitting on the ride. It has more to do with your height since your legs are likely too long. They have a test seat in the front. Try it out!