From Bradley Robertson on November 7, 2007 at 2:42 PM
I think this was very well done. I think your advice for experienced Visitors is definitely accurate. I was there two weeks ago with a one day hopper and visited all 4 parks and didn't feel like I missed anything. Got to Epcot gates at 9 am and came back to my car at 11 PM. It was a great day but wouldn't recommend doing it with kids or if you haven't been to the parks at least 2 times prior.

I think this year with my tax return I am going to buy a 10 day no-expire ticket. It's not like I won't use them, and it will be one less ticket to budget for when my wife an I go on vacation.

From Robert Niles on November 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM
I have to say... having that 10-day ticket in my wallet feels pretty good. A little reminder that 'hey, I could go to Disney World right now!'

(Okay, I'd need a plane ticket and a couple days off work, too. But the feeling's nice until that reality intrudes.)

From Anthony Murphy on November 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
I would not sell the Park Hopper that short! Yeah, if you are going to spend a day at only one Park, then yes, but you never know if you decide to go and see one of the fireworks show at night. Also, if going to AK, chances are you are not eating dinner there. You can go to EPCOT or go to MK for extra hours. I would consider Park hopping if you are doing the magic hours or want to go to another park at night (especially in regards to AK)
From Chris Walton on November 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM
Nicely done Robert. Very informative.
From Deidre Dennis on November 7, 2007 at 10:33 PM
June 2006 was our first (and only so far) trip to Disney World. We were there for 11 days including arrival day and departure day. We stayed at one of the value resorts and got the 10 day park hopper ticket. I tell you, if we ever go back, I would do it the same way. What I liked about it is that we didn't feel rushed at all. We never set alarms to get up in the morning, when we got too hot or couldn't take the humidity, we just went back to our room and hit the park up later, especially with the extra magic evening hours on those nights. Being able to visit multiple parks on the same day was HUGE for us so I definitely recommend getting the park hopper option.
From James Adams on November 8, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Great write-up Robert. the only thing I would add would be that if you live in Florida and make a trip to Disney and plan on going more than 3 times and want to park hop, get the Florida Seasonal Pass (that is of course, unless you are going in the summer which would be HIGHLY unadvisable). The Florida Seasonal Pass is only $230 which is cheaper than the 4+ day options with the park hopper. Then you have the option to come more often later the year.
From David Kildal on November 8, 2007 at 3:14 PM
Our family went two days after Christmas with a one-day park hopper and we went to all 4 parks in one day as well. It was actually an accident, but at least we can brag about riding all the new rides in one day.
From Colleen M. on November 8, 2007 at 4:06 PM
Great article Robert. I agree with everything you said! :)
From Tony Stevens on November 8, 2007 at 6:18 PM
Great article. What are your feelings about the meal plan?
From Keith Lowery on November 8, 2007 at 8:21 PM
If there is a chance that you will again return to WDW for a comparable stay within the year, you may want to look into the annual pass. We go a few times a year for at least 7 days at each visit. I found that if we even go twice, we save money and it's worth the difference.
From Robert Niles on November 8, 2007 at 9:50 PM
Hey, I have to save some math analysis for future blog posts! ;-) I'll get to the meal plans and annual passes soon. We've got a *lot* to talk about during the slow season....
From Mitchell Botwin on November 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM
Very informative, great article. We go often enough that an annual pass is great. We also have the parking option on the pass which means we don't have to pay the $11.00 to park our car each time we go.
From Robert Miller on November 9, 2007 at 12:15 PM
I agree with Mitchel I live in Pennsylvania, but I always buy season passes to any of the Florida parks. The reason for this is, I always plan my vacations for a two year period. I go the first year in July or August. The next year, I go in June, that way, I spread out the expense over two years not one. Also, I don't have to rush through a park I can go for 6 to 8 hours, and then leave to go do something else Plus you get all the perks like Mitchel mentioned, free parking, discounts and other goodies. I usually go for 10 days to 2 weeks each year. The only drawback, is you must go for 2 years to make it worthwhile. That's no problem for me, since I'm now taking my grandson down, which is the fourth generation I've taken to Florida since 1978.
From Karin S on November 9, 2007 at 4:53 PM
The article was very written and takes a lot of the confusion out of buying Disney tickets. I'm pretty fortunate that I'm a Florida resident and there are discounts for us through AAA. While my daughter and I are Seasonal Passholders, my husband isn't and I just purchased a one day pass for him through AAA. With taxes, the total was around $68.00. When the passes expire, I won't renew, (time to take a break from Disney) but we've certainly gotten our money's worth from them.
From James Adams on November 12, 2007 at 10:57 AM
We may take a break from Disney as well. We try to alterante between Busch/SeaWorld, Universal, and Disney. Although, I've been pretty dissappointed with universal the last annual pass time. Universal just doesn't give a flip about it's AP holders - but that's for another blog.