From Robert Niles on April 30, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Thanks for the report, Steve!
From Brandon Mendoza on April 30, 2008 at 10:51 AM
That's awesome! I may want to travel here sometime... I love the music choices!
From James Rao on April 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Excellent report, Steve, thanks for FINALLY posting it!! =)

I am a little be alarmed at the large number of midway attractions scattered throughout the park. I was hoping for something a bit more along the lines of an IOA, but that may be a bit much to ask.

The Zeppelin coaster looks a lot like the Hulk without the initial launch....I hope I am wrong.

Maximum RPM looks interesting, but if the ferris wheel aspect is just a gimmick...it could get old fast.

Nights in White Satin, based on your description and others I have read, seems to have fallen far short of being a Spider-Man killer....

The comments about the food are a bit disturbing, but hopefully the food situation will sort itself out over time.

The Bohemian Rhapsody night time show looks phenomenal.....

Overall it seems as though your review of the park is optimistic and favorable....and with some more time to implement future phases of the design...I think Hard Rock will be a solid edition to the theme park scene.

Any word on the area hotels? Any nice resorts on property?

From steve lee on April 30, 2008 at 2:48 PM
I'm guessing the hotels are phase two or three. At this point, I think the closest hotels are a Days Inn or a Holiday Inn.

James, I tried writing this thing three times before this, but I'm honestly not used to writing something that text-heavy. On my site, we use a lot of pictures so it doesn't usually have to be quite that much in depth (I sent you a link for that via the "send a comment" thing here. Did you get it?)

From Mike Duchock on April 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Very good trip report! I was disappointed that Robert set the deadline for reports so early since I won't get to see the park until May 9th but I don't think I'd be able to top your report anyway. Very well written, nice photos, and you painted a great picture of what I should expect during my visit.
From James Rao on April 30, 2008 at 4:25 PM
Yeah, Steve, I got your message and thought I sent a reply...if not, my bad. I was just teasing, though, about the "finally" stuff. Your report was well worth the wait, and I checked out a couple of your youtube videos too. Great job.

The place will probably be a lot different by the time I can get the time, money, and energy for a South Carolina trip. Every time I go to SC I just want to relax at the Isle of the Palms...not sure how a theme park is gonna fit into that peaceful itinerary...but I will figure it out!

Anyway, great job!

From Derek Potter on April 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM
All B&M coasters resemble each other anymore. I'm sure Zeppelin is a lot like Hulk.

Sounds like the park is running pretty well for just now opening. I wonder just how well those prices for everything will fly. Myrtle Beach is attracting more and more affluent guests, but the bread and butter of it's tourist market is still the blue collar family on a bit of a budget. They could just be testing the waters on that one. Whatever the case, the park will fly. If it's as good as you say it is, than this year will be huge. Myrtle Beach has been starved for a major park for a while now.

From Russell Meyer on May 1, 2008 at 4:01 PM
I'm pretty impressed that these guys pulled off this tight deadline. They broke ground on the site less than 2 years ago, and the park is open NOW. It can take some theme parks 2 years to build just a single attraction. I think a lot of criticisms of this park needs to be tempered with that in mind, and also the tight budget they're working with. To see a theme park that appears to be of higher quality than Six Flags or Cedar Fair built in such a short time and a tight budget goes to show the talents of the people involved with this project.

I cannot wait to see this place for myself and the transformation from what was the abandonded remains of an outlet mall less than 2 years ago!

From Larry Zimmerman on May 3, 2008 at 6:25 AM
Thanks for posting this great preview! As for the food and drink prices, the entree/drink price for two was just slightly higher than the Busch parks, so it doesn't seem way out of line. And who pays that much for a beer anyway?
From David Sutter on May 4, 2008 at 5:34 AM
Great report and review....As for the price of the booze...its a good one Food, Rides, And Booze..And beer nuts dont mix..And I know worked for a few in my Day and there not a good combo