Just Published: Theme Park Insider: 2016 Year in Review
* We went straight to stormrunner. We had walk-on lines and rode three times. This ride got crowded later in the day.
* All of the wood coasters had very short walk-on lines except Comet. Trail Blazer had no line. Later in the day around 3PM the line on Comet looked to be around 10 minutes or less.
* The older water rides had typical lines around 30 minutes or less.
* The shows were good and the park was very clean with lots of staff.
* The new boardwalk was EXTREMELY CROWDED and a bit of a disappointment.
Everyone at the park must have been in the new waterpark area because it was so crowded you could barely move. The wave pool was closed (no reason given). All of the extreme slides had wait times of 1.5 hour +. The water playstructure was great except for the fact that 1000 of your closest friends were also playing on the ramps, slides and pools. Looked very dangerous for small kids.
Lots of lifeguards, but too many people. The small waterslides had a wait time of around 30 minutes. We let the kids play for a while (8 and 10 year olds) and watched them like a hawk, but it was just controlled chaos.
At one point the lifeguards tried to clear everyone off of the play area. We left when the whistles started to blow. I know that this area is new for Hershey, but the crowd level was too much for an area too small. The only good news was that this new area provides more roller coaster time for those of us who like riding big rides.
Overall Hershey did a nice job for the 100 year celebration and the park does look great. As a note, I think they may have fixed a bit of the bounce in Wild Cat because the ride seemed smoother this year. We all had a great time!
Walt Disney World
Tokyo Disney Resort