I personally think two things are possible with the remainder of "The Lost Continent" island, it will either:
1.) Become completely absorbed by "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" adding new attractions and expanding Hogsmead or other lands,
2.) Universal will keep what's left of "Continent" and make way for a new attraction/property. Now this is where things could get interesting...I am a huge fan of the old, beloved Kongfrontation attraction formerly at Universal and I've missed the King ever since. With the fairly new movie and the setting and similar architecture to "The Lost Continent" AND being that it's called Skull "Island", I think it would be a great and logical change-over for "The Lost Continent" to become "Skull Island". Just paint everything dark blue or black and Mythos wouldn't have to change that much either, just a new color scheme and Poseidon's Fury seems to be huge enough to house a King Kong 360-like attraction. Kong would only need a ride but the environment would be a huge boost AND it complements the Islands theme of the whole park AND it's a Universal film!
What do you think? And please add more suggestions for possible future attractions!
Jurassic Park convert Triceratops Trail into an expansion for Camp Jurrasic and add to loops for the flyers that way and add a kiddie river adventure with more caves and ropes
Relocated Triceratops and interactive Dino's on walking trail that used to go to the boat dock
Lost Continent: for Kong is great idea
Seuss: Needs a seasonal show in the soundstages all year not just for Grinchmas, and add The Lorax dark ride and another Dark ride or 3D Seuss movie wrapping around One Fish Two Fish
USF: Dreamworks Land with entrance between Simpsons and MIB How to Train your Dragon and Madgascar Rides and Kung Fu Panda training show and leave room for another ride
Wicked replace T2, Bourne Stunt Show replace Fear Factor
For Resort after value resort is done, finish Royal Pacfic around its Lagoon
Build Water Park on land across Kirkman that was the old Delta Resort and upgrade landscaping over entire area and tier those hotels in that district above there current "partner status" and make a "version of the downtown disney hotels with them"
While I'm at it I'll just throw around a few more ideas (some are already floating around out there) I have that Universal COULD do with UOR:
- Wicked: LIVE! to replace Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue.
- Universal's House of Horrors (I actually wanted this to happen, maybe it still will in some way).
- King Kong to replace Poseidon's Fury (Skull Island).
- Bourne Stunt Show to replace Fear Factor
- Anything to replace A Day in the Park with Barney
- Anything to replace Twister, preferably a NY themed attraction or Universal's House of Horrors (I mean Twister is NOT based in NY, neither is Mummy but at least that ride is good).
- Anything to replace Disaster BUT I have been thinking of a Universal Legacy attraction, something they could use to enshrine their 100th Anniversary memorabilia and such once their 100th Anniversary is finished and includes Back to the Future and JAWS in some way...pretty much our short, short version of the Studio Tour @ Hollywood.
- On-Site Water Park wold be great as well, maybe a JAWS ride will return, but probably not.
1. Move ET to another section of the park. Update it as well and move it to Shrek 4d.
2. Bring the Shrek Castle from Singapore here.
Put a new film in the castle. Instead of the dragon roller coaster out doors make it a dark ride inside the castle make the cars in the shape of dragon. Tear down Terminator/Et gift shop. and horror make up show and some of the buildings in Hollywood. Far Far Away was a spoof of Beverly Hills so it could fit in Hollywood. The makeup show could be move to another location in the park.
3. Retheme Woody Wood Pecker into How to train your dragon.
4. Retheme the water Curious George area to Penguins of Madagacar.
5. Turn ET into a Spongebob dark ride.
6. Turn the Woody Woodpecker restaurant into the Krusty Krab.
7. Tear down Barney and by looking at the map there is some land behind Barney for a Dora kitty ride similar to one of the rides in Seuss Land.
8. Retheme Animals on Location to a Kung Fu Panda show.
9. Bring the Madagascar ride from Singapore but add the original ideas like the drop to this one.
They should build it in NY but it would probably be be in the Kid Zone. Is it possible for it to be in NY but then it leads to the Kid Zone?
2.Retheme San Francisco and the rest of Amity that isn't used in the Harry Potter train to DC Universe
3. Turn Twister into a King Kong attraction.
4. Find an empty space in the park and make a horror theme land.
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Hollywood