2. I’m thinking of a ride. If you lose, the world is overrun by little girls with science books.
3. I’m thinking of a ride. I don’t want to get on a soapbox here, but they took out a ride very dear to my heart to put in terrible ride that couldn’t be opened when the wind was blowing, and then this ride. The name of the ride is accurate….you go fast quickly.
4. I’m thinking of a ride. It used to be called dueling, but now it doesn’t even do that anymore.
5. I’m thinking of a ride. I don’t know whose cornball idea it was to take an electric car ride and make a roller coaster out of it. But the good news is that the seats are configured so that when you puke you get someone.
6. I’m thinking of a ride. Now I’m thinking of chocolate. Wanna race?
7. I’m thinking of a ride. No happy ending. It’s hot.
8. I’m thinking of a ride. It makes my car ride to Plymouth seem kinda tame.
9. I’m thinking of a ride. Pee Wee was the best driver.
10. I’m thinking of a ride. His son was bigger, but died.
11. I’m thinking of a ride. Elvis’s favorite, but not Gaylord’s.
12. I’m thinking of a ride. I don’t approve of shooting spotted cats.
13. I’m thinking of a ride. It’s Mickey’s, but it’s really Donald’s.
14. I’m thinking of a ride. Dig a hole, insert coaster, add blood. Simple, but still makes Batman jealous.
15. I’m thinking of a ride. 205ft tall, but no one can see it.
16. I’m thinking of a ride. Rack and pinion mechanisms = exhilarating and exciting.
17. I’m thinking of a ride. Designed to look like a wooden coaster…with a launch.
18. I’m thinking of a ride. It’s getting evicted. Moving to Africa.
19. I’m thinking of a ride. Great Scott, I can’t believe they took this out for a cartoon.
20. I’m thinking of a ride. Its name means Spirit of the Alps.
Everyone else is right......although there is no Expedition Everest.
......on my cell phone......keeping it short........will check back in later.......
I had a non-roller coaster friend guess #2 right.....so it is not that tough.....
1) Dr. Doom
2) Despicable Me
11. Zippin' Pippin
Jay R is wrong on both......sorry......keep guessing!
2. Men in Black Alien Attack at Universal Studios Florida
3. Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm
5. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach
7. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland
8. Voyage at Holiday World
14. Nemesis at Alton Towers
Those which I believe others already got correct (4, 6, 10-13, 15-20) or I have honestly no idea (1&9) are omitted.
There is a bunch of information in question 1.....once you have the right answer it will all make sense......here is a hint.....it is an out and back roller coaster......
Hades at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
2. Men In Black: Alien Attack @ Universal Studios Florida - I don’t know if it is mentioned in the ride (I think it is) but it is certainly mentioned in the first movie on the gun range. A little girl with science books, completely inappropriate reading for her age. It’s dangerous. First Correct Answer: AJ Hummel
3. Xcelerator @ Knott’s Berry Farm - The Soapbox Racers was on the spot where Xcelerator is sitting now. It was then replaced by the complete failure Windjammer roller coaster that indeed could not open when the wind was blowing and was later torn down and the company sued. First Correct Answer: AJ Hummel
4. Dragon Challenge @ Islands of Adventure – Used to be the Dueling Dragons pre-Potter and now they don’t duel because people were getting hurt by objects flying from the other train. First Correct Answer: I think Karly Tenney got this first, but didn’t label her answer, so I have to award it to Robert Niles
5. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain @ Indiana Beach – They took a pretty lame electric car ride and had CCI rip out the electric track and replace the entire thing with a roller coaster, leaving the mountain and most of the tunnels intact. They still have some of the old set pieces of the electric cars in place if you look carefully. The way the car is setup, four people are in each car, two riding backwards and two riding forward with so little space that your knees are grinding into the other people in the car. The roller coaster has some nasty whipping turns that make it a one of a kind roller coaster. Hurling on the coaster is common, and the way the car is setup, you will hit someone in the car with you. First Correct Answer: AJ Hummel
6. Lightening Racer @ Hersheypark – I thought it was so cool when I arrived in Hershey that you could smell the chocolate in the air. The Lightening Racer is not only a wonderful coaster, it is the only racing coaster at the park. First Correct Answer: Jay R.
7. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride @ Disneyland – It is one of three rides that don’t have a happy ending. You end up in Hell. It is hot there. First Correct Answer: I think Tim W got this, but mislabeled his entry, so I have to award it to AJ Hummel
8. The Voyage @ Holiday World – Plymouth is where the pilgrims landed, if there trip was anything like the coaster The Voyage, I don’t think many people would have thought it was a very good idea to come here. First Correct Answer: AJ Hummel
9. Star Tours (The Original) @ Various Disney parks – Paul Ruben, aka PeeWee Herman did the voice of Rex, the pilot of the original Star Tours. First Correct Answer: Dominick D
10. Beast @ Kings Island – RIP Son of Beast, they are tearing it down right now. First Correct Answer: Mike Gallagher
11. Zippin Pippin – Rumored to be Elvis’s favorite roller coaster that Gaylord Hotels torn down when they shut down Libertyland. Zippin Pippen was rebuilt at Bay Beach in Green Bay and can still be enjoyed today. First Correct Answer: Mike Gallagher
12. Cheetah Hunt @ Busch Gardens Tampa – An unfortunate name that sounds like you are out to kill Cheetahs. First Correct Answer: Robert Niles
13. Mickey’s PhilharMagic @ Disney’s Magic Kingdom – It says in the title that it is Mickey’s ride, but the main character of the ride is Donald. First Correct Answer: Robert Niles
14. Nemesis @ Alton Towers – They had to dig a hole to put in the roller coaster because of the height restrictions of the park. As a theming element, they have waterfalls and running water that they dyed red. The reference to Batman is because all of the Batman suspended coasters were also done by B&M yet Nemesis is usually the highest rated of the suspended coasters. First Correct Answer: AJ Hummel
15. Stealth @ Thorpe Park – It is that tall, but if it is stealthy, you can’t see it…..a little joke…. First Correct Answer: Tim W
16. X2 @ Six Flags Magic Mountain – Rack and pinion is how they make the seats spin. X-hilarating and X-citing = X2. First Correct Answer: Jay R
17. California Screamin’ @ California Adventure – They went out of their way to make it look like an old school wooden roller coaster and then put a launch on it…..and then a loop….. First Correct Answer: Robert Niles
18. Festival of the Lion King @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom – The Lion King is getting moved to the Africa section of the park to make room for Avatar. First Correct Answer: Tim W
19. Back to the Future: The Ride @ Universal parks – Great Scott was Doc Brown’s favorite saying, and they put the Simpsons in its place. First Correct Answer: Michael T
20. Alpengeist @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg – Apparently Robert Niles knows his German. First Correct Answer: Robert Niles
I really appreciate how the initial people who probably knew several more answers than what they submitted only put in a couple to allow everyone else to play along (not that Dom didn’t do an amazing job on his answer on the other trivia thread). If we are having fun, I will attempt to come up with another set of these, possibly tomorrow (Friday) or whenever I have 20 that I can release on you.
I'm hoping Christopher gave his answers based on seeing only the original post, and none of the answers. Justify my faith in you, Christopher!!
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Hollywood