Six Flags: Top 5Here are mine....
From Lane WhitbyGood afternoon my fellow theme park insider's. I am planning on attending Six Flags Fiesta Texas located in San Antonio,TX this Summer. I would like to ask everyone their opinion on the top 5 Six Flags theme park's. Please rate them based on size, number of rides, crowd flow, attendance in the past 7 years, and popular or (First of its kind) rides, also entertainment. Also please take into consideration any accidents, or past infringements the park has had.
Posted May 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1-Six Flags Over Texas Arlington, Texas
Comments in chronological order. Most recent at the bottom. Scroll down to respond.
From James TrexenI *really* hope you didn't rank Great America in your top five because of the Dark Knight. That would be...well, embarrassing. :)
Posted May 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
From David L.I have only had the pleasure of experiencing Over Georgia, which, seems to be one of the better Six Flags given the reviews that many of them recieve. SFOG has some great rides, including a magnificent dark ride, and some decently themed areas.
Posted May 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM
From Bryce McGibenyI've also only visited SFOG. I didn't think it was too bad! I liked the Gotham area and the area around Mindbender. I also liked the entrance. Ninja was death though.
Posted May 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM
From Anthony MurphySix Flags Great America has much more than just the Dark Knight. I also believe that each park really doesn't call the shots on what rides are put in.
Posted May 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
From AJ HummelI'd rank the Six Flags parks I've been to in the following order.
Posted May 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1. Six Flags Magic Mountain: I've been to nearly fifty parks, and none have a better collection of coasters than this place. Apocalypse, Goliath, Riddler's Revenge, Tatsu, and X2 are all among my favorite coasters. The big problem with this park, however, is that there are very few non-coaster attractions. Since I'd only visit a Six Flags park to ride coasters, this doesn't bother me.
2. Six Flags New England: The most balanced of the Six Flags parks I've visited. It also has a really nice included waterpark. The big issue here is that with the exception of Bizarro there are relatively few above average attractions.
3. Six Flags Great Adventure: The east coast version of Magic Mountain, this park differs in two significant ways: 1. Although it is coaster dominant, it is not coaster exclusive, and 2. Unlike Magic Mountain, where almost all coasters are average or better (for their type), El Toro, Kingda Ka, and Nitro are the only three coasters at Great Adventure I would not consider average or worse (although those three are all excellent rides).
4. Six Flags St. Louis: A good medium-size park that suffers from the lack of a signature attraction. If Six Flags was willing to put in the capital to install a headliner coaster (or two) at this park, it would rank much higher in the list.
5. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Unlike St. Louis, this park does have a signature attraction (Medusa). However, it suffers from poor operations and a strict height ceiling preventing the construction of larger thrill rides. It does have animal exhibits (rare for a Six Flags park), but they are inferior to those found at SeaWorld or a major zoo.
6. Great Escape: Comet is really the only reason to visit this park, and I found that coaster to be overrated. The rest of the attractions are common and nothing special, and the park is small.
7. La Ronde: The worst operations I've seen anywhere, a mediocre collection of rides, and normal guest areas that look abandoned or neglected make this a park I couldn't recommend visiting to anyone.
Based on what I've heard in the enthusiast community, it sounds like these five parks are generally considered the top five Six Flags parks (in no particular order):
Over Georgia is also generally considered to be pretty good, and may belong in this list as well. Fiesta Texas and New England also tend to be considered good, but they are a step down from the above. America, Discovery Kingdom, and St. Louis seem to be considered closer to average, with Great Escape and La Ronde almost universally considered the worst parks in the chain overall.
From Tyler HarrisLa Ronde- A crappy park in Mexico without burritos!
Posted May 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM
From Mike Gallagher"Tyler said: "La Ronde- A crappy park in Mexico without burritos!"
Posted May 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM
From James Koehl"Six Flags Mexico"- a crappy park in Canada with no Mooseburgers or Labatt's Blue. And don't get me started on that weird Canadian accent they use! It must be that sloppy form of French they speak.
Posted May 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM
From Mike Gallagher^^LOL!
Posted May 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM
From Manny RodriguezIn regard to Tyler *facepalm
Posted May 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
From Tyler HarrisSix Flags over Gerogia-A n average park without sea lions!
Posted May 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM
From Lisa JaniaI've only been to three Six Flags parks:
Posted May 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1. Magic Mountain-has a great variety of roller coasters. Has the only 4th dimension coasters in the country.
From Mike GallagherLisa, curious which Great America you're referring to..CA or IL?
Posted May 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM
From Lisa JaniaThe Six Flags park in IL.
Posted May 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM
From Mike GallagherThat was a "D-OH!" question on my part, since the Great America in CA is not a Six Flags Park. Brain fart. Sorry.
Posted May 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM
From Ryan Pickhardt1. Great Adventure for the coasters
Posted June 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2. New England for its best overall six flags (that I've been to)
3. Great Escape because I've only been to three six flags ;P
Overall New England is defiantly the nicest park and has one of my top roller coasters, but Great Adventure just has a ton of coasters and most are very good!
From Mike GallagherDark Knight notwithstanding, of course ;)
Posted June 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
This discussion has been archived, and is not accepting additional responses.
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Other Top International Parks
Features, News and Advice