Nemesis Sub-Terra

Drop ride

Daniel Cernuschi

Submit Photo

Published: April 3, 2012

Nemesis Sub-Terra is branded as your worst nightmare underground. The experience starts with a elevator ride into the pit run by The Phalanx. You are then loaded into rows which surround the newest discovery, the Nemesis monster's egg, but is it all as safe as it seems?

Very little is visible from the outside of the attraction but the story is explained well throughout the queue-line and the build-up to the main experience. Various effects are used during the ride which may frighten some guests.

Claire  Reinholdt
I really didn't know what to make of it! I came away confused as to whether I should say "that was good" or "that was bad". When going in we asked if it was a "ride" and the lady said yes so we expected to be thrown about etc but it wasn't like that at all so I think I was a little disappointed! It was thrilling and exciting though I will give it that!!
Ben Mills
Not a perfect attraction, by any stretch of the imagination. But (and I say this without wanting to spoil too much - most of the fun is in the surprises) elements of Sub-Terra represent some real balls from Merlin. There's a commitment to storytelling here, and to crafting a full experience, that should be applauded and encouraged. Go in wanting something that'll make you puke, and you'll come away disappointed. But be hungry for something different, something that embraces what theme parks at their best and most unique can achieve, and there's much to value here.