Kumba

Published: March 30, 2014

Kumba means "roar," and it is a fitting name for this 1993 Bolliger & Mabillard coaster that was once the featured attraction in the park. Riders board 32-seat trains (8 rows, 4 across) that roar along almost 4,000 feet of track. The course features a 135-foot drop, a 114-foot tall loop, a dive loop, a zero-g roll, a cobra roll, and interlocking corkscrews. Seven inversions in total with a top speed of 60 mph.

Brendan Sutton
A great classic steel coaster. While it is a little rough, Kumba packs a nice punch and usually has a minimal wait time due to its secluded location in the back of the park. 8/10
Roger S
A new addition to my Top 10. This is a GREAT ride for a classic coaster. It's a lot more fun and intense than it looks. It packs a really good combination of inversions and twists. I really, really like this coaster!
Owen  Scott
Good rollercoaster and impressive looking! A lil jerky and you will fill dizzy after 9/10
Nick McKaig
I grew up riding this coaster and always thought it was underrated. Never has lines because it's tucked away in the back of the park. A classic steel coaster that has great speed and unique inversions! 9/10.
Bradley Keith
Very underrated. At BGT it is, that coaster. The one in the back that never has a line. In a way Kumba is like buried treasure. Just give it a try, it won't seem like it's 20 years old at all. It's actually one of my favorite steel coasters ever.
Karl Dale
Very good Roller Coaster in my opinion out of the three looper Roller Coasters in Florida this comes second behind Hulk. Kumba beats Kraken simply due to its longer and is more fun. I love the way a loop fly's over the lift hill. This ride is so good it is in my Top Ten Roller Coasters at 10th position. The major downside was when I rode the track looked very rusty and old which I am hoping Busch Gardens Tampa will sort out over the winter season. Overall awesome Roller Coaster in an awesome park and is a must ride!
Ben Goldby
I thought Kumba was amazing the speed that you get on the inversions especially the zero-g roll!
brian newsome
LOVE this ride!!! I love how it seems to go all over the place.
St├ęphane Gamondes
Intense but smooth. I didn't count the number of loops and twists !
Really great !
Dan Barnes
Kumba is the ride that Drachen Fire should have been. Imagine if B&M had the resources in 1991-92 to be able to handle simultaneous builds? DF might still be running today.
Giovanny Cruz
Really good ride I always get out of the ride with a headache but still good.Wait line it's always low.5/10
Steven D
This ride was so smooth! It was odd that this coaster was so loud looking at it, I expected a ride like mean streak. Tbis is like the only BM sitter that isnt floorless (other than hypercoasters) Better than skekira. I dont know why this was the sister coaster of drachen fire when it was there. Drachen fire was better though. The only thing about drachen fire that it lacked was the drop.
D H
Impressive loops and it's really loud! Great coaster, but don't get on this in the rain...it hurts! 9/10
Manny Rodriguez
i like i but it hurts me to the core but still you got to love it