Scorpion

Published: April 28, 2014

The Scorpion roller coaster is an Anton Schwarzkopf-designed Siverarrow looping coaster. Installed along with the Timbuktu section of the park in 1980, the peak height of the coaster is the vertex of the lift hill, 60 feet in the air. After reaching this point, riders twist as they hurtle downwards into the signature, singular looping element. Trains then emerge from a pretzel turnaround threading the loop to reach a 900° helix, and then enter the braking sequence.

Brendan Sutton
A surprisingly fun, albeit short family looping coaster. Scorpion was my first looping roller coaster so it's special to me! 7/10
Owen  Scott
I actually enjoy it 8/10
Randy Miller
This is a classic ride that is still fun today. Though now it's nothing special in the coaster world. I rode it first, several decades ago along with the now defunct "Python" which was a corkscrew coaster that wasn't as good as the Scorpion. 7/10
Eric Malone
People give this ride too much flak, 'cause it's in a high-traffic area and is a lot of people's first roller coasters. This wasn't my first (it was actually Montu if you're curious), but I've ridden it and it's still a lot of fun even now. It's one of Busch Garden's oldest roller coasters and it does show its age, but even so, it's still an enjoyable throwback!
brian newsome
Ya know, I like this coaster. It's fun for bein a short family looper.
Steven D
Reminded me of silver bullet at frontier city.
D H
Very long wait time and short ride. Only for kids experiencing their first loop really. 5/10