Europe in the Air

Simulator ride

Tanner Harmon

Submit Photo

Published: May 1, 2010

New for 2010, this simulator ride replaces Corkscrew Hill and features, as the name implies, a high-definition aerial tour of Europe's top landmarks.

Ryan  Pickhardt
Easily the worst simualtor i have ever been on. Yes it is a knock off of Soarin but thats just half of it. It makes Soarin look like perfection! The ride was very jerky giving me motion sickness (which has never happened before) and the movie sucked! The video was so poorly captured and had no cohesion. Dont get me started on the themeing. If this ride had a better movie and better movements it would be imporved, but it still couldnt save it.
Joe Schwartz
Not the greatest simulator ride in the world. Editing was weak. A nice place to cool off in the heat.
David L.
While I enjoyed the ride, the theme seemed out of place and and the ride show room was terribly themed. A second rate Soarin'. 7/10.
Roger S
I thought they could have edited some of the transitions better and could have had some more compelling video. It was OK overall, but this was the only ride in the park that gave me motion sickness. It's a ride that doesn't make you crave a second time.
Mike Edwards
What is the purpose here? No story, no 3-D or special effects, just a video tour of sites you can see online or on the travel channel. I could climb into a commercial dryer for two bucks and get the same ride experienced. Though in need of updated animation and effects, Corkscrew on it's worst day was an Academy Award winner compared to this fraud.
Jorge Arnoldson
What's with all the negative hype about this ride? Who cares if it's a "knockoff" of Soarin'? This is a fun ride. I was surprised by the range of the simulator; I wasn't expecting it to go that steep. Good if a walk-on, not so great if there is a line exceeding 45 minutes.
Rachel McCallister
This ride was extremely disappointing. I thought it was going to be 3D like the previous attraction (Corkscrew Hill) was. It was not in 3D, nor was it exciting. It was just like watching a short scenic film showing various sites across Europe. The scenery was pretty, but it was not worth the long wait in line. They should get rid of this and either put Corkscrew Hill back (which I really liked) or replace it with an Irish themed 3D attraction that is more exciting and magical. I will not be riding this again until they change it.
Bryce Verlinden
I really wish they didn't get rid of Corkscrew Hill because I liked that more.