Loch Ness Monster

The park's signature roller coaster with a 60 mph top speed, The worlds only existing interlocking loops, and long, dark helix tunnel.

The park gave Nessie a LOT of off-season TLC a few years ago, and since then it's running like brand new! And a full train always gives the best ride. She's pushing 40 years old, but she's still got it!
This ride is 38 years old. I just rode it for the first time, and it does not feel like its 38 years old. It is not ultra smooth, but it has great elements, the helix tunnel, the themeing by the enterance and of course the interlocking loops. It is an Arrow Looper that has aged pretty well compared to other ones. (Rating: 9/10; if they included an animatronic loch ness monster in the river nearby, 11/10)
This is my favorite roller coaster in the park and third of all time, DON'T GET ME WRONG GUYS! Nessie was one of my first looping coasters along with Alpengeist, and my first big coaster I rode at NIGHT! After my first time on it, I rode it 8 more times in a row that night, which will always be a memorable experience. Talk about Great for re-rides: on Sunday June 15 2014, there was little line for it, so i was able to do it 16 times that day (8 times in a row for part of the day, then 8 more to end the day, 9 of which were in the front row). Another memorable experience. Like Alpengeist, it is also a great night ride, with the tunnel and everything.
Overall rating: 10/10.
Yes, I love it that much. Thank you.
So much fun!
"An oldie but a goldie"- I definitely agree. The interlocking loops might make it seem like a one trick pony, but it is still a great coaster (especially if you are just starting your day in the park, good warm up).
One of my favorite coasters. She's a beauty! Just ride this bad boy in the rear at night and you will know exactly why I am giving this coaster a 10/10.
Just based on the looks it gets a 10
Still a great coaster by Arrow. It is a smooth ride with nice hills and a great indoor tunnel. It still packs a punch.
Classic 7/10 !!
A super smooth ride (for an Arrow), nice force through the interlocking loops, and great landscaping! -9