Submit Photo

Continually voted as one of the top 30 steel coasters in the world, Top Gun: The Jet Coaster(Now Afterburn), has thrilled riders since 1999. This 113 foot tall inverted coaster features 6 inversions and a top speed of 62 MPH. There are two dives under walkways, with one featuring mist that sprays out as you fly through to another inversion. Dont miss out on Top Gun!(Now Afterburn)

Express Ticket Option.

A very surprising coaster. I have ridden quite a few inverts, but none of them have made me feel as out of control as this one. I do not mean that in a bad way, as the whole ride was very intense, but a good intense that you look for in an invert. The ride is very well put together in terms of elements, and their placement in the ride sequence. My only real complaint is more because of who I am than the ride, but the restraints were extremely tight, and anyone with a large chest should note that you may be able to ride but it will be painful.
Just a standard inverted coaster. It's fun, but it's not too different from Montu or Batman: The Ride. 8/10
I love inverted coasters, and this is now my second favorite (after Raptor). The front is awesome, but the very back is even better because you get really great acceleration coming out of the loops and turns. Best part - on a Tuesday in July, the line was never longer than 10-15 minutes. Later in the day, it was usually a walk-on. Works for me!

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!