Afterburn

Submit Photo

Continually voted as one of the top 30 steel coasters in the world, Afterburn (formerly Top Gun: The Jet Coaster), has thrilled riders since 1999. This 113 foot tall inverted coaster features 6 inversions and a top speed of 62 MPH. There are two dives under walkways, with one featuring mist that sprays out as you fly through to another inversion. Don't miss out on Afterburn!

Wow, this is just a fantastic coaster. I would say it is the second best invert in America (behind Montu). It is fantastically intense and so enjoyable. I personally enjoyed it most in the front, but it also great in the back. Second best ride at Carowinds (behind Fury 325). 9/10
A very surprising coaster. I have ridden quite a few inverts, but none of them have made me feel as out of control as this one. I do not mean that in a bad way, as the whole ride was very intense, but a good intense that you look for in an invert. The ride is very well put together in terms of elements, and their placement in the ride sequence. My only real complaint is more because of who I am than the ride, but the restraints were extremely tight, and anyone with a large chest should note that you may be able to ride but it will be painful.9/10
Just a standard inverted coaster. It's fun, but it's not too different from Montu or Batman: The Ride. 8/10

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter