Carolina Cyclone

Cyclone debuted in March 1980 as the first coaster in the world to flip riders upside down four times. The ride features two vertical loops, two corkscrews, and a helix to finish off the ride. Still a popular ride after 25 years, the Cyclone has proven to be a joy to countless riders.

The true art of deception is in this ride. My group noticed this one in a video shown in one of the restaurants and thought it looked cool. We walked by it and thought it looked fun. The design, to a nonrider, is pretty neat: a track that's constantly changing color with some alright loops. We used the Fast Lane option on this ride and should have known something was up when this was the first ride that barely had a line at all. Incredibly rough throughout in a very tight car, this coaster offered a rough, head-banging experience I haven't felt since Six Flags Over Georgia's Ninja. Awful, awful ride--worst in the park and worst I've ever been on! 1/10
We rode it once, and that was enough. The loops are too tight and the corkscrews are a little on the rough side, especially on your lower back. It just wasn't all that much fun.
The loops were suprisingly smooth but the corkscrews were intense. I hate corkscrews on Arrow coasters. That's too bad, because that was their trademark thing, and all arrow loopers I know of have those dang double corkscrews.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!