Gatekeeper

This Bolliger & Mabillard Wing coaster opened in 2013 and features a 164-foot drop and top speed of 67 mph.

There is a lot to like here. It is fairly smooth, the inversions are great, lots of different elements, especially those key holes. I don't understand why this attraction gets a lot of slack, other than the tight restraints. If their restraints were better, this might be close to perfection, but instead it's Rating:(9.2/10)
Very very tight restraint. It's not a bad ride just quite uncomfortable and rattlely.
I don't think that it was better than X-Flight at Six Flags Great America but there was one zero g roll that was tremendous.
Extremely fun if you like inversions in your coaster.

Ride later in the day for super short wait.

This is a perfect ride to have fun for everyone in your group, even those that are not fans of mega coasters.

If you like Soarin' at Disney, you will love this ride. Fear quickly is replaced by exhilaration. It really does feel like flying, because the ride is so smooth. Smooth does not have to be a bad thing.

Critiques of this ride have to do with it being not scary enough. So what? It is fun.

Also, the ride adds an energy to the front gate of the park that is unmatched. Even if you don't ride it, you can enjoy it.

I normally dislike parks without theming, but this is hands down my favorite roller coaster ever. I bought Fast Lane Plus just to ride this.
This is by far the best winged coaster I've ridden. The ride is the smoothest I've experienced, and the pacing of its various elements is flawless. This is an excellent coaster, and the perfect addition to an already stellar lineup!
I can see why enthusiasts don't care for wing coasters. The ride wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good as it looked like it would be. I do like the fact that GateKeeper is a long ride, but hate that the second half is almost worthless. There's nothing wrong with the ride, and it is definitely worth riding, but it's not something worth going out of the way for.
A very good B&M winged coaster. That gave a grate ride. I loved spinning through the gates. Very smooth. But it lacked the wow factor.
My favorite coaster in the park!!! It was so incredible! I felt like I was flying on the wings of a bird! At the top of the ride when you twist at the top and go down a 168 foot plunge was incredible. This coaster is my all time favorite. So fun!!!

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter