Gatekeeper

Published: May 11, 2013

This Bolliger & Mabillard Wing coaster opened in 2013 and features a 164-foot drop and top speed of 67 mph.

AJ Hummel
I can see why enthusiasts don't care for wing coasters. The ride wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good as it looked like it would be. I do like the fact that GateKeeper is a long ride, but hate that the second half is almost worthless. There's nothing wrong with the ride, and it is definitely worth riding, but it's not something worth going out of the way for.
Joe Schwartz
A very good B&M winged coaster. That gave a grate ride. I loved spinning through the gates. Very smooth. But it lacked the wow factor.
Nick Mitchell
My favorite coaster in the park!!! It was so incredible! I felt like I was flying on the wings of a bird! At the top of the ride when you twist at the top and go down a 168 foot plunge was incredible. This coaster is my all time favorite. So fun!!!
Joe Strutz
This is probably the greatest coaster I've ever been on! Maybe it's because I'm really a sucker for anything made by B&M, but this one was really something special. The restraints are extremely tolerable and are actually the most comfortable restraints I've sat in on rides. Once you get to the top of that first drop, the slow transition into the first inversion is insane! You feel like you're going to fall and it provides and extra thrill! The keyholes are amazing too! I probably wouldn't like this ride as much as I do if it weren't for that. Also every time I have gone it has had a wait time under 15 minutes so it's relatively easy to get on. It's an amazingly smooth coaster that I would ride over & over in a heartbeat!
Dwayne Kilbourne
Very impressive winged coaster! While there are not many winged coasters out there, this one is certainly the standard by which all others will be measured!
Roger S
It's very smooth, but it didn't have the thrill factor I was expecting. Maybe the number of great rides at CP have made me a tough customer? Unlike MF, Raptor, Dragster, Magnum or Maverick, it's not a ride I want to go on again and again. There wasn't any part that provided a "wow" moment. I really wanted to LOVE this ride, but my reaction at the end was, "That was it?" My 13-year-old daughter called it "boring." She gave it a 6/10 - and said she was being generous. We had no desire to ride it again that day. On day 2, we rode on the opposite side, but it didn't make a difference for us. Also, the shoulder restraint had tightened so much by the end that it was causing me significant discomfort...and I'm a skinny guy. I thought, "If this tightens any more, it'll break my collarbone." I've never had a restraint get THAT tight on a coaster.
Overall, I guess we share the feelings of a guy we overheard as we exited the ride: "It's not bad, but it's not great."