Magnum XL-200

Published: May 11, 2014

Built by Arrow Dynamics, this was the worlds first hyper-coaster, and still the one with the best retro-dork cool name. With a 205-foot tall first hill and top speed of 72 mph, it made its debut in 1989 and soon after attained "legend" status.

AJ Hummel
This ride is still the airtime king of Cedar Point, but it is a fairly rough ride by today's standards.
Joe Schwartz
Still on of the better arrow's out there with great views of lake Erie. Nice turns and air time and fun tunnels. But is no longer a very smooth ride and the cars are uncomfortable.
James Rao
Great ride. Really great. This coaster quickly became one of my favorites at the park. Good speed, good air, great views, and a fast moving line make for a terrific coaster experience. Honestly, with a much better throughput and a great ride experience, I might even prefer Magnum over Millennium Force.... 9-Outstanding.
Nick Mitchell
This coaster had amazing airtime! Definetly one of my favorites!
Roger S
After 25 years, this ride has held up pretty well. Like others have mentioned, the wrong positioning of the lap bars can lead to some pretty bad thigh pain on the airtime hills near the end. Also, the back cars gave us a pretty rough ride this year - lots of bumping around on the turns and bunny hills. We found the front and middle of the train to provide the best rides. Maybe it's sacrilegious to suggest this, but I'd like to see new trains on Magnum. The whole ride - especially those bunny hills - would be even more awesome with Intamin or B&M trains.
Bradley Keith
If you were to ride Magnum or any other Arrow hyper and then a B&M, the B&M would seen much, much better because of the seating. The lap bars on Magnum are really low like the bottom part of a seat belt in a car so if you're not a hands up person there's literally nothing good to hold on to. In the next 10 years, though it may sound dumb, I'd love to see a redesign on the trains with seats that lean back a little like B&M and better lap bars.

Magnum is still a good, maybe great coaster with tons of airtime, and plus, there's never really a line. It's certainly something you can't skip.

ed shaheen
Magnum XL-200 was the first ride i rode that topped 205 feet i just went to the park in may i went with three of my freinds and let me say the worst part was the time it took to get up i remember that my freind started crying once we got to the top we exchanged are goodbyes and went down the feeling in yourstomach was amazing and then all of a sudden ur at the top of another hill heading down and speeding up! then its pitch black and some great air time then u reach the pretzel turn and that was the part we me and my freinds said ! that was good! but it wasnt over as we go into another dark space we get more airtime and the rest of the ride is reletively smooth but still keeps u smiling this is one of the best coasters in cedar point