Mean Streak

Published: May 23, 2012

A massive wooden coaster. It is 161 feet tall and reaches speeds of 65 mph.

James Rao
Mean Streak wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it might be, but it was slow, and really not fun at all. One-and-done for me. A Texas Giant redo would be perfect for this Dinn Corp woodie, so I hope it is on Rocky Mt. Construction’s list of upcoming projects. 3-Weak.
Doug Adams
I really like this ride, at times. When it opened it was a fantastic ride. Truly amazing. Then they added trim brakes... The problem with the trims is that the train runs at a speed that is below the designed speed for the banks and turns. So it is now lurching and wallowing (actually MUCH rougher) around the track. If you can swing it (and trust me it is ultra ultra ultra rare), to get a ride sans-trim brakes the experience is simply fantastic. The ride is transformed. Fast and much much smoother. The car is on the wheels through the turns instead of the pads and the banking is suddenly just-right.

It is still a top wooden coaster for me. Beast would be my #1 and The Mean Streak is like #3-4 for me (without trims).

Sadly, with the trims it is pretty awful. So I suppose my rating is with a caveat.

Lexi R
I did not find mean streak to be as painful as other reviews have suggested! It was average bumpiness compared to other woodies, even less so than the blue streak. However the ride had been trimmed so much (probably the complaints) that it was pretty boring. With its large drops and overbanked turns mean streak still has lots of potential if the trims are taken off or it gets the Texas giant treatment. (6/10)
Raymond Ass
This is the most beautiful roller coaster I've ever seen. It's built on the side of a hill and the banks are both really high and broad. Riding it is another story I've only rode it once. It's uncomfortable but I'd ride it again.
Bradley Keith
This is the closest I've come to saying "Intolerable or Unsafe." Easily the worse wooden coaster I've ever ridden. And I can take a beating. Son of Beast was my favorite woodie. So someone who loved SOB and finds Mean Streak horrible, well, you can guess how bad it must be. Seriously, don't ride it. Please. It will give you pain for the rest of the day. Texas Giant treatment is used to literally save coasters and it seems like the only thing that could be done to make Mean Streak enjoyable.
Roger S
This is the only coaster anywhere that I absolutely hate. I've never experienced so much pain and discomfort on a coaster. It gave me a headache, a bruised hip and elbow from being slammed around, and an ache in my shoulder. I think Mitch Hawker's 2010 poll at CoasterCritic.com sums it up pretty well - he had Mean Streak ranked 173rd out of 180 wooden coasters. (I tremble to think what 174-180 must feel like!)
Steven D
so painful and loud, the first drop threw me so far forward that i was almost facing the track between two cars, and the giant banked turn was too high for the initial sped of the drop, so the cars lingered at a 50 degree angle for what seemed like forever. this ride needs to be refurbished. the worst ride i have ever been on. last summer me and my brother michael rode it and we hated it, i came of the ride with bruises on my arms and blood dripping down my ears(no joke) that is how this ride is