Raptor

Dan Forget

Published: December 9, 2007

Built in 1994 by B&M, this inverted coaster features six inversions, A vertical loop, Zero-G-roll, a cobra roll and two corkscrews.

AJ Hummel
To me, Raptor is the worst of the best as far as inverted coasters go. It's a top tier ride, but not as good as rides like Afterburn or Alpengeist. The ride is a good length, is really smooth, and has great pacing. I do think it gets a little less exciting toward the end of the ride, but I still consider this the best non-Intamin at Cedar Point.
Joe Schwartz
A real fun B&M Inverted with great elements. A very quick ride. That is still quite smooth.
James Rao
Raptor is a good B&M invert, with some real nice elements, but after riding Banshee at Kings Island, no other inverted coaster will ever be as good. I did like the helix at the end of the ride as it puts some massive pressure on you, but overall Banshee is just a far better experience. 8-Commendable.
Roger S
My favorite inverted coaster! Alpengeist may have a bigger first drop, but Raptor is still the best overall ride with a better combination of elements that are just plain fun. My favorite seat is the back. You get whipped through the curves and loops faster, and you often can't see what's coming next. I've ridden Raptor at least 25 times, and it's always been a smooth ride. Love it!
Emily  Kramer
A long, drawn-out coaster with an unnecessarily bumpy ride. All in all, a waste of time.
Lexi R
Raptor is my second favorite invert behind patriot at worlds of fun. The course is unique unlike all the batmans at six flags and sustains speed throughout. I like the variations of inversions, patriot beats this out for my favorite because raptor isn't as smooth. It isn't rough, just a little more rattly. (9/10)
Jeff K
Rode 8/29/2012 - I love B&M inverts. This is one of the best. Rode it three times, twice in the very front, and once in the very back. For my money I love the front of these type of coasters....having nothing in front of you really makes coming over the lift hill and down the first drop quite amazing. Love this coaster!!!
Mikael Vagen
This coaster really surprised me when I got to Cedarpoint. I already knew rides like Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Maverick were world class, I happened to overlook this one a bit. Raptor is my first ever B&M coaster and what a great one. The best seat in my opinion, is by far the back right seat (I rode it many times in different seats up front and behind). The heartline you get through the first drop and the zero-g-roll is amazing in the back right seat. The last helix has some powerful vertical g-forces and I would just like to say: Beware of the last turn coming in to the breaks, if you're like me (you love to always have your hands up), you might want to hold on for this last turn. Amazing design, I'm just waiting for a 200ft inverted coaster because honestly, coming up to the top of the lift here is scarier/better than in a normal sitting/floorless coaster. Also a must ride at Cedarpoint!
Shayne Nissen
The Raptor is one of the best rides at Cedar Point and was one of my break through roller coaster moments because this is the first time that I realized for the first time that I loved roller coasters with a passion. But this still is a great ride and is very smooth. The inversions are awesome and I would advise everyone to ride it while they are there. Must ride on your trip to Cedar Point 9/10
Edward Morgan
This ride is rough. I found the whole ride rough especially the cobra roll. I still found this one to be fun however. It is a fun B&M Invert but currently my least favorite. I prefer Batman. Warning: Headache in the back. 7/10