Dinosaur

Motion Base Ride

Jump into your Time Rover and go back 65 million years to try to retrieve an Iguanodon before the meteor strikes, wiping out the dinosaurs and — if you don’t get back in time — you. You’ll encounter plenty of other fearsome dinos during your trip back in time, and you’ll be riding in a vehicle that bumps, spins, and jostles you throughout the trip, so this thrill ride isn’t for little ones or anyone with back, neck, heart, or motion sickness issues. If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, you might find it interesting in Dinosaur is the same ride as Disneyland’s Indiana Jones Adventure, just with a different theme. The ride vehicles and track layouts are identical.

The GOOD: It has an interesting queue, thrilling scenes and animatronics with great immersion.
The BAD: It is pretty jerky and the ride itself seems a little outdated now.
RATING: A very solid ride. It is probably not great for children (it will scare them), but a very fun ride. It is in need of some updates, however. 8/10.
A very unique ride that takes guests back in time to when Dinosaurs were alive. This ride has a very cool queue, pre-show, and theming considering it's in the worst area for a theme park, Dinoland U.S.A. The ride itself is very bumpy and can be a little painful sometimes. Some of effects don't work, it is way too dark the whole ride, and there are a lot of dead black spaces. In no way is this as brilliant, amazing, or better as Indiana Jones Adventure. On the plus side, The animatronics are mind blowing and the final scene is pretty awesome. I do like this ride, it just could use a little fix here and there that would make the best in AK. 8/10
One of my favorite rides at WDW. Super fun.
Summer 2017's ride here was not good. The whole ride seemed to have less effects, seemed darker, and seemed emptier. March 2017 had this ride running perfectly. Every effect worked, and the whole ride just looked fantastic. Now, it looks like they're barely running it. Most of the effects just aren't working or barely moving. I used to love how scary this thing was, but it now just feels rough and jerky for no real reason. Hope this was a one off experience cause this was the best ride in park just 4 months ago. Still, it looked in very bad shape. Back down to an 8/10.
I really liked this ride, unfortunately the last time I rode it, many effects were missing and or gone, with really cheap replacements for B-mode. But in the past its been one of my all-time favorites, it is intense and loud and fun and scary!
I think describing this as Animal Kingdom's "hidden gem" is perfect. A cool ride that does something unique with the film it ties-in, rather than a retelling of the story, or a new story from the perspective of the film's characters. The queue features dino artifacts on display collected from archaeologists and institutions, which was cool. A shockingly young Bill Nye narrates at one point in the queue, but unfortunately his voice is clouded by the crowd, and the reverberation in the room and lack of captions don't help.

Still is a fun dark ride even if the animatronics are a bit dated and begin to look endearing.

This is a really good ride, I think people give it bad credit sometimes because it is not as good as indiana jones adventure. But that's not to say it is not a good ride. The animatronics are great and at times is a bit scary especially for kids. The time travel idea is fun and you do feel like your in the action. One of the only problems is that the pre show is a bit dated and could do with a revamp. Also the whole ride could do with some new effects like the indiana jones ride has had. Maybe a mist screen with a projection of a pterodactyl coming towards them. Apart from that it is a really good ride, which normally doesn't have much of a long queue.
I really like this ride, it has great theme and I love the ride tech behind it also . But I hope the good dinasour is a great movie and it wins a lot of money so we get a whole good dinosaur land to replace Dino USA, and this ride can be replaced by a good dinosaur ride.
Imagine riding a roller coaster, where every time you do a drop, you hit a brake run. That is what DINOSAUR feels like. Whenever something exciting happens and you're going fast, you slow down 5 seconds later. Also, the narration is really annoying. Everytime you pass a Dinsoaur, the voice is all like "This is a (dinosaur name)". It only gets fun during the end, which is pretty good. However, this ride is still very overrated. Indiana Jones Adventure is way better than this slow ride. 7/10
I thought this was pretty lame. Definitely designed with little kids in mind.
I was not a big fan. It just seemed like more bouncing around then anything else. Really ROUGH bouncing around. I was hoping for something a bit more.... Exciting.
I really liked this attraction. I loved the technology used in it and how it can create genuine thrills without any drop or real acceleration. The best ride in Animal Kingdom, even better than Everest IMO. 9/10
Dinosaur is a really fun attraction! It's probably my 2nd favorite attraction in Animal Kingdom (Expedition Everest is #1) because of the great queue, pre-show and uniqueness of the ride. The volume in the ride is a tad bit loud, but besides that, a good ride!
Overall - 8/10
I so remember the first time I rode this in 2010 during my first ever visit to Disneyworld. I remember mainly because of the fellow riders who could guess it was our first ride on Dinosaur since we acted so terrified and screamed all the way through the ride.. we had no idea it would be this intens but loved every minute of it. After the first ride of course the surprise is gone and it becomes a lot less scary. Still I love the immersive setup and can't wait to drag someone else who hasn't been on it to Disneyworld to watch their primary reaction!
My favorite ride in the park. Great theming and an intense ride make this an unforgettable experience. 9/10

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter