Tusker House Restaurant

Character Meal Restaurant

Submit Photo

Now an all-you-can-eat buffet, the Tusker House features “Donald’s Dining Safari” at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dine on waffles, breakfast meats, and pastries at breakfast, and roasted meats, sandwiches, and stews at lunch and dinner, for $36-60 per person (depending upon meal and season).

The food was GOOD but the main thing I loved was meeting Mickey & the gang! They were awesome with all the crying kids around us. Very patient staff as well.
With this new character lunch, i thought it was going to be quite interesting, but i was wrong. Despite the good food, i almost felt unwelcome by the rude staff, particularly a seater who was directing traffic for the line for Donald's photo op who coldly advised me to take the stairs (i accidentally walked to the ramp), as well as the insistent photographers who wanted me to remove my sunglasses (it almost felt like being photographed for a mugshot). The characters interaction was practically rushed, and when i spoke with a manager in regards of the poor service, she gave me an overdone "sorry about your poor experience with us", instead of being sincere. I don't think i will ever waste my money on a lunch as disorganized and poorly planned like this again.

P.S. To anyone wondering if they're still doing the Nemo Dining Package, it has been phased out due to this lunch.

We went for lunch. As vegetarians, we seldom think a buffet is worth the money since we won't eat the most expensive stuff on the buffet. It was AMAZING. The variety of American and African/Indian influenced foods was impressive and the quality of everything was fantastic. Everything we tasted was delicious, and the desserts were incredible. Loved every second.
This is the best breakfast I have had a Disney. The characters were fun. The service was stellar. And the food was amazing. Disney sometimes has a problem of narrowing there offerings at buffets to the lowest common denominator which means you get scrambled eggs, bagels, waffles, and bacon with out much variety past that. However, this buffet had a wonderful variety of unique foods with an African flare.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!