Cozy Cone Motel

counter service Restaurant

Published: June 9, 2012

A replica of Sally's "wigwam"-style Route 66 motel, the Cozy Cone sells different snacks and meals in each of its five giant orange traffic cones. Cone 1 serves churros bites. Cone 2 offers soft-serve ice cream and root beer floats. Cone 3 has bread cones with a bacon-egg scramble for breakfast and chicken verde or chili con queso for lunch and dinner. Cone 4 serves pretzel bites and "Red's Apple Freeze." Cone 5 offers two different flavored popcorns daily.

James Rao
When I visited the Cozy Cone Motel I had one thing on my mind: Red's Apple Freeze. I was anxious to get my hands on this frozen concoction with its toasted marshmallow flavor and tangy, yet sweet, frozen apple juice. Result: Red's Freeze is quite a compelling beverage, one that I thoroughly enjoyed. Tip: ask for an extra shot or two of the marshmallow flavoring, as it really sets the beverage off and makes it quite addictive. While at the Cones, I tried several other drinks and snacks, and despite all of them being good, Red's Apple Freeze was the standout.
Carl Stovall
Red's Apple Freeze is a sweet frozen cider. Worlds better than I expected even after reading strong reviews before I went.