Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe

counter service Restaurant

Published: October 5, 2012

The quirky name is a reference to Disney's "Three Little Pigs" cartoons from the 1930s. The restaurant serves Starbucks coffee drinks, as well as a pastries in the morning and a selection of sandwiches and soups later in the day, including a Roast Beef and Cheddar, a Turkey Reuben, a Paneer & Roasted Vegetable, and a Salami Royale sandwiches.

David Matecki
Didn't have the food but the ice cream was amazing.
James Rao
I had a roast beef sandwich with Provolone cheese on a pretzel roll with lettuce, tomato, onions, and a side of horseradish aioli. It was served with fresh fruit, and while the sandwich was part of an already prepped box lunch, it made for a nice, quality meal, filling but not heavy. I enjoyed my lunch and I especially appreciated the openness of the dining room where its high-back booths and roomy tables are nicely spread out making this one of the most comfortable and peaceful places I ate at DCA.
Mark Kausch
Starbuck's. What else do you need to say? Well, if there's a current "Buena Vista Bugle" out, this is the best place I've found to pick one up. Of course, I usually then discover that my reading glasses are in the locker, but that doesn't take away from the FF&P. One of my two favorite places to eat in DCA.