Mickey's Fun Wheel

Ferris wheel

The new gondola wheel that just replaced the former Sun Wheel on May 8th, 2009. It consists of a giant Mickey head where the sun was, new lighting effects, a red-painted color scheme on the wheel, and with gondolas painted with the Disney character faces. It matches the Victorian theme of the nearby Toy Story Mania and Games of the Boardwalk.

This ride is terrifying. Do not do this ride if you are claustrophobic or get motion sickness very easily. This unique ferris wheel features swinging gondolas with barf bags! That says it all. The ride itself actually has some awesome views of the park and this is nice eye candy. But, it's also a long wait, terrifying swinging attraction that you should avoid for the most part. 6/10
This and Finding Nemo are the only rides at Disneyland I absolutely can't tolerate. Finding Nemo is too claustrophobic, and this ride would make me dizzy. I can actually handle any Ferris wheel, but not his one. I don't get motion sick, but I think this ride would. Maybe not the stationary ones, but the swaying ones would.
I'm not a fan of this ride. I chose to ride in the swinging gondolas, and I regretted it. First off, this ride lasts way to long. Second, it swings too much. Although I like the drops, the constant swinging made me want to puke. Also, I hate that there is nothing to hold onto. If there was a lap bar or something for me to hold onto, I would've given this ride a higher ranking. I've been on every single ride at Disneyland Resort, and this is my least favorite. The views aren't even that great, you get better views on Screamin!
Beware of the swinging cars that also move on a track. They are equipped with barf bags for a reason!

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter