Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

Playground

Published: June 9, 2012

Think of this as "Tom Sawyer's Island" for bigger kids. This faux campground offers zip lines, cargo nets, forts and suspension bridges for exploration. Join Russell from Up and become a Wilderness Explorer by completing some of the challenges on the trail. Note that some challenges might have a height requirement.

David Matecki
I think this is great. My son did not want to leave. Could have spent all day here.
James Rao
This playground is very well done. I have always felt that Camp Jurassic at Islands of Adventure was the best attraction of this type but Redwood Creek sets the bar even higher. Rope bridges, slides, rock walls, caves, this play area has it all. I was thoroughly impressed. And for the younger kids the cast members hand out a list of things for which they can search and when they have completed their searching the kids earn Wilderness Explorer Badges as a reward. Even my kids, a little older than the target crowd, had fun running around and burning off steam. I highly recommend the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail to families with kids of all ages.
Jeff Haslam
Sorry, folks, but for me (and my kids) this is a colossal waste of space. You'd equate this section to Tom Sawyer's Island at Disneyland, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids at Disney Hollywood Studios, or the Curious George section at Universal Studios Hollywood. It's just an area for the kids to run rampant while the adults rest.

Having said that, there is very little to do here. Two slides and a weak attempt at a zip line. I guess the story time with Brother Bear is kinda cute, but really, this space should be revisited for something else. My kids were bored within 5 minutes and their younger cousins within 10.

Not a fan.

Kevin Crossman
The height requirement listed here is misleading. Kids of any size can enter but are restricted from some of the activities, such as the zip line.

I find this a relaxing place and my kids LOVE this section of the park. They literally could spend all day here.