Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Drop Tower

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror's conceit offers that a bolt of lightning knocked the 13th floor of Hollywood's favorite gathering place into the fifth dimension. And that the tale of that supernatural event is told in a "lost episode" of Rod Serling's television series.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will close in early 2017, for transformation to Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout!

LOVE IT!!!!!!! I wish it had the Fifth Dimension/elevator leaving the shaft as in WDW, but still amazing!
I think this a far, far inferior version to DW's version. The whole experience just seems to be lacking and feels like a knock off version of the original. From the bizarre boiler room to the slightly off Rod Serling narration to the lesser effects on the ride, it all just seems off. It isn't just the missing 5th dimension; everything just feels off. However, it is still the Tower of Terror and likely a great experience for those unfamiliar with DW's version. I'm a bit mixed on the ride, but I would give it a 7/10
Great ride. The theming is superb and the drops are great. Although it's inferior to the WDW version, it's still a pretty great ride.
This ride is everything I look for in a ride. It really is quite perfect. Suprisingly it is a pretty old ride, which I didn't realize my first time riding it. I was honestly too scared too think about anything at all. But this ride is nothing too be afraid of. It does seem pretty scary from the outside and inside, but its looks just make it all the more better.
My ideally perfect ride needs too have a good story set up before you ride. Not a poorly put together story, but a real good storyline. This ride has such a strong storyline that it leaves you wanting to go back each time.
One of the other amazing things about this ride is the castmembers. They're always in character, but silly character. My first time riding, while nervously loosing feeling of my feet in the video watching sequence, the castmember standing inside with us as I was clearly freaking out came up beside me ans stood there for a good minute or two from behind me staring at me without me noticing. When I finally did notice I jumped a bit and then died of laughter. Then while waiting too board the ride another castmember walked around us and would poke our shoulders leaving the guests confused. Really adds too the storyline. They're also really nice! They let me and my family ride the last ride of the night just us once and we were able too sit wherever we pleased.
The ride is so fun, making you nervous each time before waiting too drop. Such a great concept, I will forever be facsinated by it. It is a bit bumpy, and the ride does break down occasionally. Just follow their safety regulations, and you'll be fine. Its completely safe! Must ride!
Of course one of the favorites. I think the WDW version is better. You actually move along a track moving forward in the WDW one.
Yes, the version of the ride at DCA does not have the extended Fifth Dimension movement of the classic Orlando original, but when Rod Serling says, "One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again, but this time it's opening for you," and your elevator starts to work its magic, the missing 5th dimension scene doesn't matter because the Tower of Terror flat out rocks in any form. It is still immersive, exciting, and transcendental. It is still the ride that made all other drop rides obsolete.
This is one of only two california versions of shared attractions that are not better than those found in Florida, Splash Mountain being the other.
I miss the stroll through the hotel grounds in Florida. I miss how the tower is first viewed from the far. End of Sunset blvd. I also miss hearing the screams of those on the ride. Why can't we hear the screams in California?
The ride lacks the complexity of the version at DHS,but it is still loads of fun.