Hungry Bear Restaurant

Counter service Restaurant

Disneyland debuted a new menu for the Hungry Bear Restaurant in early 2011. The menu now features Angus chili cheeseburgers, friend green tomato sandwiches, turkey sandwiches and salad.

We shared the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich and Pioneer Chili Cheeseburger for dinner and had the Lemon "Bumblebee" Cupcake for dessert. It was decent food, better than most casual theme park fare.
You can't beat the dining area to give you that, " I am a thousand miles away from the urban landscape of SoCal. Water, trees and the occasional steam powered riverboat to watch as you eat.
I recently had the chicken and waffel sandwich for lunch. Afraid I was not overwhelmed. The waffel was WAY too sweet and I wound up taking the top off and eating it as an open face sandwich.
The view is always a plus here... and the food got better with the new menu. It seems like the buns and meat were upgraded and are no longer dry.
Are you kidding me Disney? If your going to have sweet potato fries at least have the option for regular fries. Let me decide what fries I want not you.

Subscribe or Donate to Support Theme Park Insider!