Indiana Jones Adventure

Dark ride

Brandon Mendoza

Published: March 31, 2008

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye is a dark ride attraction at Disneyland. It opened on March 3, 1995. Based on the Indiana Jones films, guests are taken on an adventure in modified military transport vehicles through an ancient Indian Temple with Indiana Jones. It was formerly sponsored by AT&T, where cards to translate symbols (Mara-glyphics) on the walls were handed out.

This ride has an intricately detailed queue taking explorers through much of the temple.

A nearly identical ride entitled Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull is located at Tokyo DisneySea theme park in Tokyo, but takes you through a South American Temple with minor changes to the ride.

TJ Eaves
My absolute favorite ride
Alice Butera
I've recently fallen in love with this ride. It has everything that I consider too be a perfect ride. Its so much fun each time, I still jump. Some of the effects are a bit cheesy, but somehow they get me everytime! I'm obsessed with mechanics and secrets behind this ride, and I could ride it all day honestly. The storyline is absolutely perfect, the music is addicting, and even the line is awesome! You have too ride it!
David Matecki
When I went the cars got backed up and I felt the ride was not as intense. If it wasn't for that I would rate higher.
Super Sam
BEST RIDE AT DISNEYLAND. DO NOT MISS. Really good the ring and thrilling. Cannot wait for the new update on the ride. It might scare the kids, but awesome! Five out of Five stars
James Rao
Wow, what an amazing, wonderful, thrilling, outstanding attraction! Yes, it is the same track and ride system as Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom, but from its immersive queue to its intro movie to its action packed race through the darkness, Indy and the Forbidden Eye simply cannot be beat. It is as close to a perfect attraction as I can imagine. Yes, the technology has been around awhile, and yes, the special effects aren't always perfect, but there is probably no better modern day example (except maybe Radiator Springs Racers) of Disney Imagineering just getting everything right. FWIW, I offer a standing ovation to Tony Baxter and WDI for a job extremely well done.
Eli G
The recent updates on Mara are SPECTACULAR. The rest of the ride is also near perfect: It's detailed, kinda thrilling, immersive, and exciting.
Brendan Harrison
Amazing! Amazing!

We all liked the queue which is themed as an archeological discovery site set by Indy and his team. Then, you go inside what seems like the longest queue ever. However, like all disney rides, the queue is incredibly detailed. They have Bat Caves and murals which looks realistic. Then, you see a neat preshow done by Sallah(The egyptian guy in Raiders and Last Crusade).

The ride itself was amazing; however, it broke down every single day during our visit. Thats my only concern, NEVER EVER visit during the morning otherwise its always broken, chances are you are gonna waste your time.

Brandon Mendoza
By far one of my favorite attractions in all Disney parks. I'm a huge Indy fan, so despite the occasionally inconsistent effects, this is about as close as any of us can safely get to being Indiana Jones for a day! The refurb made this attraction as good if not better than when it first opened! Sure a few effects are no longer around, but the subtle additions are awesome in my book!