Indiana Jones Adventure

Motion Base Ride

Published: February 14, 2015

Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye is a dark ride attraction at Disneyland. It opened on March 3, 1995. Based on the Indiana Jones films, guests are taken on an adventure in modified military transport vehicles through an ancient Indian Temple with Indiana Jones. It was formerly sponsored by AT&T, where cards to translate symbols (Mara-glyphics) on the walls were handed out.

This ride has an intricately detailed queue taking explorers through much of the temple.

A nearly identical ride entitled Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull is located at Tokyo DisneySea theme park in Tokyo, but takes you through a South American Temple with minor changes to the ride.

Sebastian K
Indiana Jones is one of the most intense of the Disney attractions and is one of my favorite attractions at the Disneyland Resort due to its incredible theming, beautiful queue, and a fantastic experience. The only issue is that it is one of the most unreliable attractions at Disneyland, so be sure to not save it for last minute.
TJ Eaves
My absolute favorite ride
Alice Butera
I've recently fallen in love with this ride. It has everything that I consider too be a perfect ride. Its so much fun each time, I still jump. Some of the effects are a bit cheesy, but somehow they get me everytime! I'm obsessed with mechanics and secrets behind this ride, and I could ride it all day honestly. The storyline is absolutely perfect, the music is addicting, and even the line is awesome! You have too ride it!
David Matecki
When I went the cars got backed up and I felt the ride was not as intense. If it wasn't for that I would rate higher.
Super Sam
BEST RIDE AT DISNEYLAND. DO NOT MISS. Really good the ring and thrilling. Cannot wait for the new update on the ride. It might scare the kids, but awesome! Five out of Five stars
James Rao
Wow, what an amazing, wonderful, thrilling, outstanding attraction! Yes, it is the same track and ride system as Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom, but from its immersive queue to its intro movie to its action packed race through the darkness, Indy and the Forbidden Eye simply cannot be beat. It is as close to a perfect attraction as I can imagine. Yes, the technology has been around awhile, and yes, the special effects aren't always perfect, but there is probably no better modern day example (except maybe Radiator Springs Racers) of Disney Imagineering just getting everything right. FWIW, I offer a standing ovation to Tony Baxter and WDI for a job extremely well done.